It is 3am. So...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Slept in until 6.20 as I was up 5 times in the night....woke up the first time at 11.30 but thought that was way too early to get up. Was able to get back to sleep fairly quickly each time though, but I thought about logging on LOL.

Ray, as you know the outlaws are from the bay area and they are also very pleased with the Niners this year. Me, I wish the Cardinals or Bengals (grew up in Cincinnati)) were not in the basement....:emoji_disappointed:

Speaking of in laws I pulled out some pulled pork from the freezer for diner, so my wife invited them over for dinner, so instead of pizza for breakfast I am having a pulled pork sammie!

John

That make a great breakfast too!

Reactions: sawhorseray
Slept in until 6.20 as I was up 5 times in the night....woke up the first time at 11.30 but thought that was way too early to get up. Was able to get back to sleep fairly quickly each time though, but I thought about logging on LOL. Ray, as you know the outlaws are from the bay area and they are also very pleased with the Niners this year. Me, I wish the Cardinals or Bengals (grew up in Cincinnati)) were not in the basement....:emoji_disappointed:
Speaking of in laws I pulled out some pulled pork from the freezer for diner, so my wife invited them over for dinner, so instead of pizza for breakfast I am having a pulled pork sammie! John

The game was all time John! The cousins Roger and Kurt wore their caps from their favorite teams, the Cards and the Steelers respectivly. Of course we were all rooting and screaming for the Nine, Bob was going ballistic at the sound of us. Things were so hectic I forgot to get any pics of the wonderful salami, pepperoni, sausage, and bacon pizza. It was massive and a big hit, we ate between games. The Cards-Steelers game was anticlimactic we all agreed and the guys left when it was obvious the Cards were going to lose, I stayed up for the whole Rams-Hags game. Today I'll bask in the glory of my team being 11-2 and the #1 seed, watch a DVD or two, and think about what to haave for dinner, maybe sous vide a ribeye. RAY

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
The hell with it!

PC090208.JPG

This is great stuff!

Morning Steve, I could go for one of them.
So I thought I'd try the melatonin advice, and sure enough it does help. Kind of weird to 7 hours sleep.

Glad it helped. Tomorrow I'm back to work. So I'll be taking it tonight.

Morning Steve, I could go for one of them. So I thought I'd try the melatonin advice, and sure enough it does help. Kind of weird to get 7 hours sleep.

I tried it too and slept till 5:30, a solid seven hours! I'll be well rested for my perio-torture appointment later this morning. RAY

Reactions: Steve H
I take naps when I least expect it.... Sit in the recliner and ZZZZZZZZZZ..... Anytime... I've gotta keep movin'....

Yeah, me too Dave. Seems about two in the afternoon when there's nothing pressing and all I'm doing is sitting in front of the tube listening to a bunch of sports talk I'll all of a sudden wake up and it's 45 minutes later. Of course these days 8:30 is the new midnight. RAY

Reactions: daveomak
Yeah, me too Dave. Seems about two in the afternoon when there's nothing pressing and all I'm doing is sitting in front of the tube listening to a bunch of sports talk I'll all of a sudden wake up and it's 45 minutes later. Of course these days 8:30 is the new midnight. RAY
Sounds like old age is got ya LOL
Richie

Reactions: daveomak
LOL, hopefully not while driving Dave !!
Did that once on a very long drive... I saw the "Black Dog"...

Black dog (ghost)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigation Jump to search

Sidney Paget's illustration of The Hound of the Baskervilles. The story was inspired by a legend of ghostly black dogs in Dartmoor.

A black dog is a motif[1] of a spectral or demonic entity found primarily in the folklore of the British Isles. The black dog is essentially a nocturnal apparition, in some cases a shapeshifter, and is often said to be associated with the Devil or described as a ghost or hellhound. Its appearance was regarded as a portent of death. It is generally supposed to be larger than a normal dog and often has large glowing eyes.[2] It is sometimes associated with electrical storms (such as Black Shuck's appearance at Bungay, Suffolk)[3] and also with crossroads, places of execution and ancient pathways.[2][4][5]
The origins of the black dog are difficult to discern. It is uncertain whether the creature originated in the Celtic or Germanic elements of British culture. Throughout European mythology, dogs have been associated with death. Examples of this are the Cŵn Annwn (Welsh),[6] Garmr (Norse)[7] and Cerberus (Greek),[8] all of whom were in some way guardians of the Underworld. This association seems to be due to the scavenging habits of dogs.[9] It is possible that the black dog is a survival of these beliefs.
Black dogs are generally regarded as sinister or malevolent, and a few (such as the Barghest and Shuck) are said to be directly harmful. They may also serve as familiar spirits for witches and warlocks.[10] Some black dogs, however, such as the Gurt Dog in Somerset[11] and the Black Dog of the Hanging Hills in Connecticut,[12][13] are said to behave benevolently. Some, known as guardian black dogs, guide travellers at night onto the right path or guard them from danger.[14][10]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky