It’s been a while.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gatordunn

Original poster
Jun 16, 2011
Near Gainesville FL.
David here I first joined this site back in 2011. My smoking game fell off several years ago. I’ve got the itch again so I’m reintroducing myself. I’m located a bit North of Gainesville Fl. I used to run an old charbroil pit along with a BGE. The egg is still around if infrequently used. The Charbroil had its last run a long time back. I’ve been living out of my Webber kettle the last couple of years. Last week I received my new Silverback Alpha and am in the process of my second cook with it as I type.
First cook was a pork rib roast and au gratin potato’s using the PID mode. It was like cooking in an oven. The pork had a great smoke ring and slight smoke flavor while the potatoes were perfect.
Tonight I’m going low and Smokey on a turkey breast for a dip. This is using the standard mode to hopefully give it a good deep smoke flavor.
I’ve run on enough hello everyone it’s great to be back.

8D401E91-4159-4A7D-9D3F-FADBABF93780.jpeg
Results of the turkey breast. About 7 hours in the smoker.

Welcome back
Turkey breast looks good how was the smoke flavor did you get the deep flavor you were looking for?

Welcome back
Turkey breast looks good how was the smoke flavor did you get the deep flavor you were looking

I haven’t tasted it yet. Will be making the dip this evening and I’ll let you know. That being said my deep smoke flavor may be something others consider light. Or vice versa

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

This smoke was a practice run for the holidays. Overall smoke flavor was a bit disappointing. I had to work in the morning so tuned the heat up from 180 to 280 after the turkey reached 110. Need to make a few adjustments before the holidays.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky