Is this too far gone?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
forktender forktender got ya covered. Of course you can always get a "smoker box" from wallyworld. Basically just a SS box with a lid and holes in it. For a quicker smoke (like your steaks) I'll use it with chips. For a longer smoke (pork butts, ribs, etc) I use a CI skillet and chunks.
Jim

Reactions: forktender
I watched a video one time of a guy in Alaska smoking fish, mostly artic char and salmon, he had a big smokehouse like mine 3x3x7’ he used a propane burner with CI pan about 15” and would fill the pan full of alder pellets. Man did it make the smoke. I’ve never done it myself, but this is an option as well.

Reactions: yamalube
This is what she will look like

Attachments

• PXL_20211114_185331841.jpg
    PXL_20211114_185331841.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 13
Or spend a couple bucks for a new one??? I'm all for saving what I can but when it's more work and a pain in the butt to get in line, I'll personally get a new one. Propane smokers on Craigslist around here are about $50.

Reactions: yamalube
Or spend a couple bucks for a new one??? I'm all for saving what I can but when it's more work and a pain in the butt to get in line, I'll personally get a new one. Propane smokers on Craigslist around here are about $50.
Well I need a new grill. And I need a new smoker. So, I have come to the conclusion that I want and need a grill smoker combo!!!! Any suggestions?

Reactions: bigfurmn
My heat diffuser was also completely rusted. I took an old frying pan with the same size opening. I cut the bottom off with an angle grinder then held it in place with extreme heat epoxy. works like a champ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky