is my grinder worth it?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tc fish bum

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 23, 2013
hey hey everyone, been toying with the idea of sausage making as i smoke a lot anyways and my dad, god bless him, went and bought out a grocery store meat dept. now im not talking their product, no. the guy bought all the equipment they had except the walk in?it came with a hobart brand grinder, big grinder! do any of you have experience with these and where can i get attachments?

You are a lucky guy!

Almost anything with the name "Hobart" on it?

With proper care, your great, great, great grandchildren will still be using it.

And thanking you for the privilege!

Good luck and good smoking.

wow thanks, it was my uncles from his iga grocery store. pops wrung him out of a grinder, slicer, band saw, wraper, tables, knives and block for 2500. must have some kinda black mail on him.lol

My experience has been that they are 3 phase power and wont work in the average household.Depending on the model they will take a 10lb chunk of beef with no problem.

my dad bought  220 volt Hobart in the 1960s been using ever since I think I could grind up the whole critter bones hide and all this grinder makes short work of any grinding job only thing I don't like to use it on small batch's kind of a bugger to clean

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky