is it to late to in the season to start growing anything?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shea1973

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
From Vandalia Illinois
Usually I start to plant herbs and peppers in April but didn't get around to it this year. I was wondering if it's too late in the season to plant anything? I would be using a bunch of pots to grow herbs and peppers in, could I start and still get a nice yield out of them?

I can't speak on Peppers but Herbs are pretty fast growing and can be started now. Especially if you plant in Pots and bring them in doors in the Fall...JJ

they do have hybrid seeds of different varieties that grow pretty quick,if you can't find any i would just go ahead and plant what you want and see what happens,really not to much to lose.

Usually I start to plant herbs and peppers in April but didn't get around to it this year. I was wondering if it's too late in the season to plant anything? I would be using a bunch of pots to grow herbs and peppers in, could I start and still get a nice yield out of them?
I cant tell you if you should plant now or not because I plant year around.I can give you some rough timetables on growing times of different plants I grow using USA seeds to help you to decide.

Seed planted to first harvest.

Jalapenos 3 to 3 1/2 months

Tomatos  3 to 3 1/2 months

Bell Pepper 3 to 3 1/2 months

Zucinni    5 to 6 weeks

Spinach  4 to 5  weeks

I plant every thing from seed in a seed  green house ( Plastic roof only for water control only) than transplant in to the Garden,Field except my tomatos they go to the big green houses same water control only.My temps are 60 to 75 deg year around.Hope this gives a little light on the subject for you

Dan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky