Inkbird Waterproof Instant Read Thermometer IHT-1P - Review

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
I was given the opportunity to test and review the Inkbird Waterproof Instant Read Thermometer IHT-1P.

Well packaged and shipped. Right out of the box its a very clean and sharp looking unit.

I tested it against my old Th*******ks instant read that has been my go to for years and seems like and apples to apples type comparison.
  • the Inkbird has 1 decimal place, my other unit is only whole numbers.
  • changing from C to F is super easy on the inkbird and it has a hold button (holds the display).
  • both are backlit - the inkbird starts on use, the other is movement
  • both auto off without use.
  • Inkbird is rechargeable with a USB cable (included). my other is a AAA.
  • my old one has a rotating screen that adjusts to how it oriented, the inkbird doesn't do this. (note my old one was more than 4X the cost).
  • Accuracy - they were within a degree (more like 0.5) of each other in ice water, boiling water, and several temps in between.
  • Speed of the read - identical - i saw no noticeable difference.
  • I couldn't bring myself to submerge it to test the waterproof claim...the USB charging port has a robust rubber plug. Inkbird makes solid products (IMO based on the two I have) so I have no reason to think it wouldn't survive some wetness.
Overall this looks like solid accurate instant read that wont break the bank.
Here are some pics. my phone didn't like the display - but its a nice black letters on orange backlight.
IMG_5740.jpg
IMG_5741.jpg
IMG_5742.jpg

Thanks for the write up.. I clicked on the link and saw the price. I made my order on the spot. It was time for me to get a new on.. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

I got the promo code on here from them for the IBT-4xs when They were giving it out. Price and quality for that are top notch. Haven’t used my maverick since getting the Inkbird. And for the price of this, it’s in my amazon cart already. Can’t wait to get it

I love mine but you forgot a great feature imo, it has a magnet on the back so I park mine on the vent hood, No searching for it lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky