Inkbird IBT-6XS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mike243

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 25, 2018
E Tn
good morning, I bought this unit less than a year ago and my grate therm has gone south, have looked to see what the warranty is or where to buy any probe, any help is appreciated thanks

I did the pm no response so on to the next step lol

I had an issue with my pit probe the rounded one on my inkbirdb4 probe. Only happened twice but it was reading way higher than the dozeant dial temp gauge I put on the lid of my smoker. Was getting 250 on the inkbird and 455 deg on the inkbird. I checked to make sure it was plugged in all the way that can cause inaccurate readings it was fully inserted. So I cut it off for a min or so and back on and that fixed the problem. I messaged Inkbird just asking if anyone else had any issues like mine. They said it was the 1st they had heard of my issue but sent me a free one to see if it was just a bad probe or a short in the wire somewhere. Ofcourse I haven't had the problem happen again but I have the new one to try if it does happen again. The person who manages the inkbird account is usually online once a day but they might not be working during the coronavirus outbreak?

Inkbirdbbq is the member name of the account I messaged with. Hope this helps. I have only had mine since Christmas but so far I love it!

I tried several things but somethings wrong with the probe, I never run the temp way up with any of the probes in, always let the pit sensors /gauge do that work when I do a burn off. they will see this post some day I reckon, they were on after I sent a pm but its easy to miss the notification unless your looking at them.

Hi friend,we had 2 days off for our Tomb-sweeping Day. I just replied you.Please check inbox. Miya

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky