Inkbird accessories

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tiger1964

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 19, 2020
Seabrook, MD
Finally pulled the trigger, and the IRF-4S arrived late yesterday. Right now, charging them up to full charge (once I found the charging ports, which are NOT shown in the instruction booklet!); due to weather, I won't be able to try them out until at least Sunday, which gives me time to read the manual.

To ensure that it remains in great working order I will take extra care of them, unlike the previous two thermometers I had, a ThermoWorks ChefAlarm, and a really cheap one from the Lidl grocery chain (which still works after fiddling long enough with the on/off switch). First, no storage outdoors, even in my grilling cabinet (a rolling tool chest I bought to park next to the Saffire, works great); they will reside indoors. Plus, I want to make sure I am caring for the probes/cables.

On the latter, somewhere on this forum someone showed a silicone product that you coil the probes around for storage, and I forgot to save the link at the time -- oops! Anyone recall this?

And I should store the transmitter/receiver in a safe way. A medium-large "tupperware" food container (airtight, if nothing else)? Or what? I see on Inkbird's sight there a "travel case" that is zippered and could easily store the Inkbord -- not that I plan to ever take it anywhere but form the kitchen to the patio. Are there other options?

As Inkbird gave me a great deal on the IRF-4S, I could spend some of that windfall making sure I get years of use from the thermometer.

Moreover, are there other accessories desired?

Can't help with the coils, but will be watching. I could use something like that.
Good idea on the storage container. The She-Beast accidentally knocked my transmitter off the kitchen counter and the back broke off. It broke out around each of the screws. Impact resistant they are not. I plan to get a travel case for mine soon and silicon the transmitter back together.

Edited to add: Just found this. Mght be what you are looking for.

Can't help with the coils, but will be watching. I could use something like that.
Good idea on the storage container. The She-Beast accidentally knocked my transmitter off the kitchen counter and the back broke off. It broke out around each of the screws. Impact resistant they are not. I plan to get a travel case for mine soon and silicon the transmitter back together.

Ouch! Well, it's me I'd be worrying about; you know, a long session at the grill, and a couple of glasses of wine later... oops!

Edited to add: Just found this. Mght be what you are looking for.

THAT's IT! Thanks! Bookmarked. I wonder if there are competitors. And something tells me that gadget won't fit in the Inkbird travel case.

To be honest, I'm a cheap SOB. Tho I intend to get the travel case, Probe storage is another matter.
That Fireboard device is far too bulky for the case. Currently I gently coil the leads and use a bread tie to bind them to the probe and another bread tie to hold the coils together opposite the probe. It makes for a compact and tangle free package. And I'm sure all 4 probes will fit this way in the little compartment in the case. Bonus, bread ties are free in the produce dept. Told you I was cheap. I save all the long A^^ wire ties from Christmas toys ect incase the produce ties aren't long enough.

I got the case for mine. Holds everything nicely. I'm a bit OCB with having cases for everything!

I use this for the probes:

8puElISl.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky