Fireboard Probe Organizer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

oldsmokerdude

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 5, 2018
LaPorte Indiana
I bought the FireBoard thermometer a few weeks ago and cannot say enough good things about it. I've used it for five cooks so far without issue and the thing is amazing. It is easy to set up and the charting is awesome. I would recommend it to anyone.

One of the things I've always been a bit annoyed with is how to keep probes organized. I have several other thermometers and associated probes and try as I might, the organization of them is always a bit lacking.

I bit the bullet and bought the FireBoard probe organizers and just wanted to pass on my impressions of them. Overall I am pleased with them and would replace if I lost them. I would recommend them.
organizer.jpg

PROS
  • Keeps probes and wires tangle free and separate from each other.
  • Easy to use
  • Easy and quick to unwind a probe with no kinks for use
  • Flexible design allows you to use them in a manner that works best for you
  • Each organizer can hold two probes (doesn't make that clear in the video or description on line, consequently I ordered more than I needed).
  • Can be used with any brand probe and cable
CONS
  • Seems a bit pricey at $15.00 for a two-pack. But each organizer can hold two probes, so it boils down to $3.50 per probe for storage
  • These are on the large side. You won't be able to throw six coiled probes into a small box using these.
  • Something else to keep clean, though you can throw them in the dishwasher

I dunno, but every time I'm unrolling one of my probes and have to undo a kink, my trigger finger will probably squeeze harder on getting a pair of these.
No doubt I could use them.
Thanks for your review! Sorry you overbought due to them being unclear.
I'd likely put the extras in the back of the drawer the working ones live in.

Are they of that Silicone type material?

Ive been meaning to buy these for my FB probes... glad to hear they work as well as they seemed to on their VERY short video on them.

Im gonna have to bite the bullet on these and buy the 4 pack.

Your probes look gold in the pic... from the orange organizer?

I use a small binder clip on my cell phone charger cable after coiling. I got cable wraps with my therms but don't want to wrap/ unwrap all the time. I just drape or hang rthem from the ceiling pan rack.

Are they of that Silicone type material
Yes, they are silicone-ish. It doesn't say exactly what they're made of but it looks and feels like silicone

Your probes look gold in the pic... from the orange organizer?
Probably just from the orange organizers. My probes are definitely stainless.

Thanks for your interest in the review everyone. I appreciate it!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky