• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

injecting my butt?

jimmyz

Joined Jun 2, 2007
i have a pork butt just under 6 pounds i want to use an injectable marinade and a dry rub. i am going to put the rub on and let it rest overnight, not sure if it would be best to inject now and let rest also or to inject right before smoking?

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
Hi Eric -

I've done it both ways. If your using garlic (can't imagine why not) it'll get deeper into the meat over night! If you've got time try it - I love it that way.

chrish

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 2, 2007
Injecting or brining really increases the flavor and letting it sit longer will let that flavor spread out into the meat, let it sit 24-48 hrs what ever and it will only be better, id use the creol garlic butter with pork
one edge of the family is from the east and uses alot of cajon and its really good too but thats a speacial blend of spices i havent gained yet

hhersh

Meat Mopper
Joined Apr 13, 2007
.........Chachere makes a splendid injectible marinade that i've used many times, it's what chrish is also recommending, Chachere's Creole Butter............

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.