injecting my butt?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jimmyz

Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
i have a pork butt just under 6 pounds i want to use an injectable marinade and a dry rub. i am going to put the rub on and let it rest overnight, not sure if it would be best to inject now and let rest also or to inject right before smoking?

Hi Eric -

I've done it both ways. If your using garlic (can't imagine why not) it'll get deeper into the meat over night! If you've got time try it - I love it that way.

Injecting or brining really increases the flavor and letting it sit longer will let that flavor spread out into the meat, let it sit 24-48 hrs what ever and it will only be better, id use the creol garlic butter with pork
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
one edge of the family is from the east and uses alot of cajon and its really good too but thats a speacial blend of spices i havent gained yet
icon_biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky