in need of pepperoni!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

checkdude

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jan 1, 2016
winnipeg. canada
In need of pepperoni! Was informed by my kids and grandkids that we are out of pepperoni so what is a man to do? Make more of course. 20191005_130159.jpg 6 lbs of ground beef and 20191005_130207.jpg cure,b. Pepper,w. Pepper,mustard seed,red pepper flakes, Garlic, sugar, paprika, anise,salt,dry mil7,fermento,cold water 20191005_131005.jpg all mixed up and ready for stuffing. 20191005_134438.jpg all I had on hand was 24 mm collagen so that's what I used. Put in fridge overnight and in the morning in the smoker it went. 20191006_195422.jpg here is the result. Now in paper bag and fridge for a day or two before packaging for the kids and friends. If I'm lucky there will be some left for me two.

WOW!!!
That looks amazing.......watching this thread.

Can you post a picture of it sliced in half when it's done please. I'm looking to make some to have on hand this winter for my pizza making nights.

Thank you.
Dan.

They would go great with a beer! Home made pepperoni sounds the bomb.

Do you actually cook them in the smoker or is it a cold smoke? Can I buy ground mince from my Butcher and do this or do you need to mince it myself?

I would really like to try this but dont want to have to buy a mincer.

If I'm lucky there will be some left for me two.[/QUOTE]

Some could always get "misplaced" while packing the rest.

They would go great with a beer! Home made pepperoni sounds the bomb.

Do you actually cook them in the smoker or is it a cold smoke? Can I buy ground mince from my Butcher and do this or do you need to mince it myself?

I would really like to try this but dont want to have to buy a mincer.
Yes to cook in the smoker. And buying already ground is fine. I do it sometime when making a small batch so as to avoid washing the grinder.

Now that’s a load of pepperoni!! Looks fantastic. I bet great on pizza cut great to just munch on too.

WOW!!!
That looks amazing.......watching this thread.

Can you post a picture of it sliced in half when it's done please. I'm looking to make some to have on hand this winter for my pizza making nights.

Thank you.
Dan.
20191008_172047.jpg here you go. They are not too spicy,just right with little burn aftertaste. ( i am Canadian afterall)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky