I'm new around here

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kscoyner

Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2022
Just found this place over the past weekend and I'm happy to be here. I'm an amateur kettle smoker and saving up for a self- feeding pellet smoker. I don't get to cook as much as I'd like to because the kettle takes up so much time and hoping the pellet cooker will do away with that problem.

k

Welcome from Northern California. I use my Kettle for grilling and short smokes less than 6 hours (tri tip, pork/beef ribs, meatloaf, etc). Enjoy the search for your next smoker. My wife thanked me for "giving her the weekends back" when I upgraded to a WSM. Not as automatic as a pellet pooper, but close.

Welcome from Virginia! I’ll agree with all above. I have a Traeger and it’s great for letting me be a part of the family, but I also have two kettles for chicken, searing, burgers, etc….. they almost have me sucked into the SV world, but I’m already dropping a ton of money on another rig…that these awesome people helped me realize I need in my life🤣

Reactions: kscoyner and DougE
Welcome from Virginia! I’ll agree with all above. I have a Traeger and it’s great for letting me be a part of the family, but I also have two kettles for chicken, searing, burgers, etc….. they almost have me sucked into the SV world, but I’m already dropping a ton of money on another rig…that these awesome people helped me realize I need in my life🤣
150 bucks Jed. Not like it’s a new car.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky