• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Im hooked...

ctonello

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 7, 2014
I just got in to smoking and I find myself on this site just learning as much as I can and wow there is a lot to take in! First lesson learned, not the cheapest hobby, I just ordered the maverick wireless probe, a jerky gun, and q matz for all of my racks. I am going to try my first pulled pork this weekend and am very excited to make it for friends. I find myself staying awake at night thinking what should I smoke next? And nothing puts a smile on my face more than picking up an old shirt and it still smells like hickory smoke. I am addicted but I dont want help quitting!

sqwib

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 25, 2007
Welcome to the addiction!

Once bitten by the bug there's no cure!

culpepersmoke

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 16, 2010
I got started about 3 years ago. I still find myself staying up planning. As SQWIB said. ..."once bitten....."
Have fun with it

crankybuzzard

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 4, 2014
I've been smoking most of my adult life and have been making sausage since I was a preteen way back in the late 70s...  It does get into your blood.

One of the MANY great things about this madness is that there are really a LOT of different things to do, ways to smoke, ways to cure, and the experimentation is a LOT of fun as well!

As for the expense, yeah, up front it can get expensive if you choose to make it so, but keep in mind, LOTS of really good Q was cooked well before digital thermometers, electronic smokers, and digital controllers.  I play with most all of them and still, 30 years on, I love firing up or plugging in a pit and cooking for friends!

You've only just begun to experience the pleasure and fun!  ENJOY!!!

Charlie

shinny

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Feb 8, 2012
Welcome,

Everyone here is terrific and will help you with any questions you have. I've learned a ton of info from the people here.

Happy smokin'

so ms smoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Dec 20, 2010
  Welcome to the forum!  Feel free to ask questions and it should not take long to get some answers.

Mike

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.