I'm gonna be a daddy!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinstevo27

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Any advice? I'm pretty excited. I'm hopin for a boy so I have a bbq partner.
PDT_Armataz_01_38.gif

Congrats!!!

Advice:
  • Get lots of sleep now, because you aren't going to get much for the next 18 or so years... lol.
  • Learn how to change a diaper with your eyes glued shut with sleep.
Congrats again!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Well, you got the first part right.  The rest is a learn as you go process, sorry way. Just be patient, and go with what comes along. I have two boys 19 & 17, both very different. Just work at it every day and they turn out fine. Congrads

Congrats Steve! Woohoo!!!! If you have a girl, just remember that girls make pretty good smokers and 3rd basemen too!
icon_mrgreen.gif

Hey Steve congrats man!! I have 3 kids and 9 grandkids and I can tell you that just when you think you have one of them figured out something comes along to change it all. If you learn to roll with the punches and remember you are the dad first and the friend second it all works out in the end

Congrats on the new upcoming arrival. Don't worry too much if it's a girl, she could become a smoking buddy just like Squirrel here
PDT_Armataz_01_25.gif

Oh, wait! Did I say "just like Squirrel".... Oops! Hope you have a boy
icon_mrgreen.gif

Congrats. Thats awesome. My best advise is to buy all the toys that you want now because  when the Kid gets here toys take a back burner. 

Congratulations, looks like you have been given lots of good, sound advice, this one just about sums them all up:
Congrats!!!! Life as you know it is over.
icon_biggrin.gif
All I can add is to remind you of what you have already learned here at SMF: don't trust anyone else with the preparation and don't leave them unattended.

Gene

Congrats!  No more advice from me you've got plenty.

My oldest daughter loves making sausage with me!  Not so much the younger one though.

God Bless

Congrats Steve !

Practice your pitiful look---There is always a female around willing to volunteer to change that diaper for a pitiful looking man

It's in their make-up!

Women like to change diapers.

Men & Squirrels like to drink beer, smoke meat, and fart & burp!.

Bear

Don't make my mistake. I didn't know what caused it and the kids kept comin after the first one. On the last one someone finally filled me in.

Cherish every minute with your child. Before you know it the years have passed.

A big congrats.

--ray--

Last edited:
Reactions: smokinstevo27
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky