1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

I'm gonna be a daddy!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smokinstevo27, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Any advice? I'm pretty excited. I'm hopin for a boy so I have a bbq partner.[​IMG]

2. jirodriguez

jirodriguez Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Congrats!!!

Advice:
    • Get lots of sleep now, because you aren't going to get much for the next 18 or so years... lol.
    • Learn how to change a diaper with your eyes glued shut with sleep.
    Congrats again! [​IMG]

3. Thanks man, I've got a niece who I adore so I'm already pretty skilled with the diaper changing. Sleeping is my favorite activity so I'm gonna miss that.

4. smokin1boston

smokin1boston Newbie

Well, you got the first part right.  The rest is a learn as you go process, sorry way. Just be patient, and go with what comes along. I have two boys 19 & 17, both very different. Just work at it every day and they turn out fine. Congrads

5. Hopin I might have a Sox 3rd basemen on the way, thank you!

6. squirrel

squirrel Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Congrats Steve! Woohoo!!!! If you have a girl, just remember that girls make pretty good smokers and 3rd basemen too![​IMG]

7. chefrob

chefrob Master of the Pit OTBS Member

az
    congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. smokeamotive

smokeamotive Smoking Fanatic

Congrats!!!! Life as you know it is over.[​IMG]

9. northern greenhorn

northern greenhorn Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Congrats, if it's a boy watch out when you change them diapers, they sometimes spray you.

10. scarbelly

scarbelly Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member

Hey Steve congrats man!! I have 3 kids and 9 grandkids and I can tell you that just when you think you have one of them figured out something comes along to change it all. If you learn to roll with the punches and remember you are the dad first and the friend second it all works out in the end

11. rw willy

rw willy Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

My prayers to you and Mom.  Enjoy and hang on.  the next years will smoke by if you let them.

Good luck and give love to your child.

12. ak1

ak1 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Congrats on the new upcoming arrival. Don't worry too much if it's a girl, she could become a smoking buddy just like Squirrel here[​IMG]

Oh, wait! Did I say "just like Squirrel".... Oops! Hope you have a boy[​IMG]

13. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Legendary Pitmaster Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Congrats. Thats awesome. My best advise is to buy all the toys that you want now because  when the Kid gets here toys take a back burner. 

14. Buy stock in Advil [​IMG]

15. Thanks everybody. We are really excited. If I have a girl that can cook like you Squirell I'll be happy!

16. justpassingthru

justpassingthru Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Congratulations, looks like you have been given lots of good, sound advice, this one just about sums them all up:
    All I can add is to remind you of what you have already learned here at SMF: don't trust anyone else with the preparation and don't leave them unattended.

Gene

17. bbally

bbally Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Congrats!!!

Read to the child every single day...

18. werdwolf

werdwolf Master of the Pit OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Congrats!  No more advice from me you've got plenty.

My oldest daughter loves making sausage with me!  Not so much the younger one though.

God Bless

19. Bearcarver

Bearcarver SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Group Lead OTBS Member

Congrats Steve !

Practice your pitiful look---There is always a female around willing to volunteer to change that diaper for a pitiful looking man

It's in their make-up!

Women like to change diapers.

Men & Squirrels like to drink beer, smoke meat, and fart & burp!.

Bear

20. silverwolf636

silverwolf636 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Don't make my mistake. I didn't know what caused it and the kids kept comin after the first one. On the last one someone finally filled me in.

Cherish every minute with your child. Before you know it the years have passed.

A big congrats.

--ray--

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
    smokinstevo27 likes this.