• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Was a bait dog…
Anyone who would do that to a dog needs to be fed into a wood chipper feet first ... very slowly.

I don't know what happened to this guy before I adopted him from the humane society, but it took a couple years for him to stop ducking his head when I reached out to pet him, and about another year to fully bond with me. He's mine through and through now, though.

1660274230687.png

Anyone who would do that to a dog needs to be fed into a wood chipper feet first ... very slowly.

I don't know what happened to this guy before I adopted him from the humane society, but it took a couple years for him to stop ducking his head when I reached out to pet him, and about another year to fully bond with me. He's mine through and through now, though.

View attachment 640574

Agree DougE DougE , thanks for sharing! That is one beautiful pup!

Sounds as if we both had an uphill battle due to shitheads….

Here’s my boy…

2EC2A214-5DC5-4D06-8F25-0828EE7023B3.jpeg

I’ll get a better pic and share later… he’s snoozing! 😎
Looks like a big puppy just like I have, well, I have another big puppy I adopted at the same time, but she was never abused as far as I know. I can't fathom why anyone would have abused him. He's about as sweet a dog as you could ask for.

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
I am going to leave the kids a bunch of money when I drop dead, maybe they will have fun with it.
I'm not really worried about leaving a legacy for our children and grandchildren, they'll be alright on their own. I grew up poor and I know it sounds silly, but my concerns are things such as opening the refrigerator and it's empty or flipping the light switch and nothing happens. Yeah silly, I know...
Point is, getting to this point starts early in life, takes diligence and discipline
I started from day 1 of my working life and have tried to teach our children the same...
Haven't had a mortgage in over 20 years now, pay the CC bill off in full every month, retired at age 55.
I retired at 56, no debt. I'd love a new(er) truck, but at today's prices, can't afford to pay cash and don't want to take on any debt...

I retired at 56, no debt. I'd love a new(er) truck, but at today's prices, can't afford to pay cash and don't want to take on any debt...
We are both 55, probably could afford to retire but lack of access to affordable health insurance for the next 10 years is a big drawback. Luckily the way the world went we both work from home full time so we have the flexability to work here or in PA when we want to get away.

I am with you on vehicles, I think it won't be until later 2023 for it to calm down. Maybe then I can get a new or slightly used one when the economy hits the bed and the dealerships are over run with inventory.

...lack of access to affordable health insurance for the next 10 years is a big drawback
Yes Cliff, health insurance costs are crazy. My wife was carrying us on her plan until she joined me in retirement this past January and that's when it got scary. We got on an ACA plan administered by BCBS of SC that with the income tax credits is free. High deductible and out of pocket costs, but still protection against a significant health event. Those credits were just extended and I don't really see anything changing for at least the next 2 years and by then we'll both be eligible for Medicare. I've got some money saved in an HSA for a supplement plan that I could use now to purchase a health insurance plan, but at ~$2000+/month...I'll just wait. Fortunately neither of us currently has any health issues, but we are getting older and things can change. As I've gotten older, I've found out that things hurt more, more things hurt, and things hurt longer, but just got to be tough.

Maybe next year the chip shortage will ease up, people will stop paying ridiculous prices for everything with 4 wheels (new and used), and I can find a decent deal on a newer truck. Until then I'll just keep on driving and repairing my '04 F250...

So you mentioned something about a belfab smoker for around $950 ?
I have no idea when he bought that smoker but I can guarantee you, from experience, that steel costs have skyrocketed. Also, as Craig's products have become more widely known, the wait list is getting pretty lengthy. Regardless though, you'll probably get a far better deal from him that you'll likely get from other fabricators.

So you mentioned something about a belfab smoker for around $950 ?

Ryan

I have no idea when he bought that smoker but I can guarantee you, from experience, that steel costs have skyrocketed. Also, as Craig's products have become more widely known, the wait list is getting pretty lengthy. Regardless though, you'll probably get a far better deal from him that you'll likely get from other fabricators.
Yes, 24x48 two years ago. Probably more $$ now, but then again, so are all the big brands, I would imagine.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Guess I'll stick to building some type of enclosure for our current smokers and what not. Guess we should decide what we want 1st...something to get us out of the wind during hot months and protect us during the cold as well. Without using the garage all the time. Then I'll have a place to stay if I get in the dog house :emoji_blush:

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky