I'm an idiot. Disregard lol

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TonyBones

Original poster
Jul 3, 2018
MIZ-ZOU
*Problem solved* Nothing to see here. I was reading threads from you guys over the past week and made up my mind late last night to purchase a Rec Tec 700 "Bull" today. Well, I'm an idiot and should have hit the order button last night. Yesterday the price was $1158. Today the price is $1498. Now I'm in a predicament because although I like the Rec Tec, $1500 is Yoder YS640 territory. If I'm gonna spend $1800 (with options) on a smoker, I might as well make the leap to a Mak 1 Star. I won't have to pay taxes and they offer free shipping as well. Sorry for the rant guys. I'm just really mad at myself for debating and missing out. Looks like I'll be researching more threads again.

Last edited:
I was reading threads from you guys over the past week and made up my mind late last night to purchase a Rec Tec 700 "Bull" today. Well, I'm an idiot and should have hit the order button last night. Yesterday the price was $1158. Today the price is $1498. Now I'm in a predicament because although I like the Rec Tec, $1500 is Yoder YS640 territory. If I'm gonna spend $1800 (with options) on a smoker, I might as well make the leap to a Mak 1 Star. I won't have to pay taxes and they offer free shipping as well. Sorry for the rant guys. I'm just really mad at myself for debating and missing out. Looks like I'll be researching more threads again.
Yep still 1199$. Are you pricing all the add ons

Okay I figured it out. My sweet wife went in and changed what was in my cart. I told her about it and she said "Last night you left the computer open and I went back ADDED THE COMPETITION CART because I knew you wanted it and were hesitant to add more price to it" Now I feel like I owe her something shiny and I'm still an idiot lol

Reactions: KrisUpInSmoke
Okay I figured it out. My sweet wife went in and changed what was in my cart. I told her about it and she said "Last night you left the computer open and I went back ADDED THE COMPETITION CART because I knew you wanted it and were hesitant to add more price to it" Now I feel like I owe her something shiny and I'm still an idiot lol
It happens to the best of us;)
She knows what you want!

Reactions: TonyBones
Did you buy the one she put in the cart? Wouldn’t want you feeling like a jack wagon tomorrow

Reactions: TonyBones

If she wanted to surprise you, she should have hit "Order".
Then watch you choke when the bill came... LMAO!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky