Ice Storm BBQ, (BBQ Pork baked potato and onions )

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow! Valor medal for going out to cook in that temp! Meal looks perfect and tasty!
Glad your huddled up and safe, hang in there!

Thanks Jed for the like and the comment

It was a cold cook ha ha , But we stayed warm and jumped every time we heard another big crack from a tree, hoping no big bangs on the house
Try to do some clean up tomorrow , not suppose to be real warm , I will see.

David

Last edited:
Great looking Storm Vittles, David!! Like.
Good thing we don't live in the Cold Weather state of Texas!!

We love it here, when the trees all look like they're covered in crystal glass.

Bear

Thanks for the like and the comment John

Yes this is nothing like some of the storms down there , or even the big ice storm few years back in Quebec where it just collapsed the power towers.

Yes I love the look of the sun on the ice trees but still really sucks
DSC_3994.JPG
DSC_4018.JPG
DSC_4021 - Copy (2).JPG

David

Great looking cook, David. But you can keep the ice. I sure am glad I don't have to deal with that and snow out here.

Thanks Stu for the like and the comment

I know what you mean, we get lots of freezing rain in the winter , but normally just some on top of the snow or as it is changing to rain. but we ha d10 hours of freezing rain . They measured I heard 14 hours out by the airport. At least we did not get the snow they were calling for on top of this . There would be a lot more trees down and more power outages.

David

That poor trailer. Dang nice looking dinner though.

Thanks for the like and the comment

Dinner was nice . warm meal always good on a clod day

Yes Mona is pretty upset about that , we just got it this year and have not used it yet, But told her because of the way the tree filled with
ice and than kind of slowly came onto the trailer than the tree broke off most of the weight was already on the trailer. Fingers crossed.

I will know as it melts loose in the rain on Tuesday I hope its rain only Than I cut cut it off piece by peice , make sure none of the branches acted like an arrow.

David

Thanks for the like and the comment

Dinner was nice . warm meal always good on a clod day

Yes Mona is pretty upset about that , we just got it this year and have not used it yet, But told her because of the way the tree filled with
ice and than kind of slowly came onto the trailer than the tree broke off most of the weight was already on the trailer. Fingers crossed.

I will know as it melts loose in the rain on Tuesday I hope its rain only Than I cut cut it off piece by peice , make sure none of the branches acted like an arrow.

David
Man I hope so. Nice looking rig.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Thanks Stu for the like and the comment

I know what you mean, we get lots of freezing rain in the winter , but normally just some on top of the snow or as it is changing to rain. but we ha d10 hours of freezing rain . They measured I heard 14 hours out by the airport. At least we did not get the snow they were calling for on top of this . There would be a lot more trees down and more power outages.

David

David, down here, we might get some snow every 10 to 20 years and it is usually gone by the next day. But most times when these cold winter storms come through, they wreak havoc on my back, hips, and knees. This last one kept me on the couch and heating pad for two days straight.
So, I tip my hat to you for getting out there and doing a cook in that freezing mess. BURRRR!

Stu

Man I hope so. Nice looking rig.

Yes me also. It is a great rig. Picked it up at the end of last season in Sept.
Had to find a spot for it in the yard . Thought it would be safe there . Who could see this was going to happen
DSC_3350.JPG

DSC_3349.JPG

This is before I installed a new 55" TV on the wall, Mona real excited to take it to the campground
I really hope the roof is good , It is a thick rubber type roof. Will see tomorrow I hope

David

David, down here, we might get some snow every 10 to 20 years and it is usually gone by the next day. But most times when these cold winter storms come through, they wreak havoc on my back, hips, and knees. This last one kept me on the couch and heating pad for two days straight.
So, I tip my hat to you for getting out there and doing a cook in that freezing mess. BURRRR!

Stu

Wow Stu that really sucks, Hope you mend fast . And no more storms for you and I.
I have the Q just feet from the door so was not so bad . With roof over my head. Just lots of warm cloths. Mona asked and I wanted fresh instead of warmed up already cooked food.
But it was too much work to use the smoker , covered in ice and down in the yard
these pictures were of a nicer day last winter just after building the Smokers Shack
DSC_2133 - Copy (2).JPG
DSC_2133 - Copy.JPG

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
That’s a great looking meal! And I’m sure it tasted much better since you were able to enjoy a hot plate of food without power.

It’s been an icy mess here in PA as well, it just hasn’t gotten warm enough to melt the ice off the trees, but it does look pretty.

That’s a great looking meal! And I’m sure it tasted much better since you were able to enjoy a hot plate of food without power.

It’s been an icy mess here in PA as well, it just hasn’t gotten warm enough to melt the ice off the trees, but it does look pretty.

Thanks Ray for the like and the comment

Yes good meal , and reuse the next day for couple new meals , even though we got our power back.

Yes the ice is very pretty but, very dangerous , and like you waiting for the warm weather to help melt this mess.
We have rain and warm coming on Tuesday . Hope its warm enough to stay as rain

David

Wow Stu that really sucks, Hope you mend fast . And no more storms for you and I.
I have the Q just feet from the door so was not so bad . With roof over my head. Just lots of warm cloths. Mona asked and I wanted fresh instead of warmed up already cooked food.
But it was too much work to use the smoker , covered in ice and down in the yard
these pictures were of a nicer day last winter just after building the Smokers Shack
View attachment 524932 View attachment 524933

David,
You have a great set up there. Nice looking rig too.

Ice storms are the worst, dealt with the same things a few years ago, ice and no power. Fine looking plate, some of my favorites. That is one hell of a camper!

Dave.

Ice storms are the worst, dealt with the same things a few years ago, ice and no power. Fine looking plate, some of my favorites. That is one hell of a camper!

Dave.

Thanks Dave for the like and the comment

This was a bad one for us, longest I have ever not had power. The meal was nice instead of leftovers.

Yes the camper is the largest we have ever owned . It will be fun to use this summer . 3 Large slides, and lots of bells and whistles. Glad no real damage from the storm

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky