I wanted to try, " Bacon on a Stick " so here it is

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks, I see in that thread you use Tender quick, I have Cure #1 do I use that in the same ratio?

They are not the same product , to use cure foir your buckboard if you can't get tenderquick , I can't here . You can use cure #1
disco disco has many posts doing this as maybe others do also using cure#1.
or Bearcarver Bearcarver with TQ

David

Those look really good, David, and since they went fast, they were obviously delicious. Great job.
Gary

Thanks Gary for the like and the comment

They were very good but just a little too tender for me as the bones were popping out by themselves

My fault with using the pineapple juice , I think

David

Thanks Gary for the like and the comment

They were very good but just a little too tender for me as the bones were popping out by themselves

My fault with using the pineapple juice , I think

David
yes pineapple juice can really breakdown the meat. I use it when I have tough cuts I want to tenderize before I put them on the BBQ. Does not take long, maybe an hour and a half and that is for a 2" thick piece of beef.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Beautiful, like all your cooks!! Makes me wish I had something that would cook at 225.
If you ever make them for me use the Pineapple juice. I like 'em tender :-)

yes pineapple juice can really breakdown the meat. I use it when I have tough cuts I want to tenderize before I put them on the BBQ. Does not take long, maybe an hour and a half and that is for a 2" thick piece of beef.

Yes thanks , and I knew better as I have used it that way . JUust thought it would help

Beautiful, like all your cooks!! Makes me wish I had something that would cook at 225.
If you ever make them for me use the Pineapple juice. I like 'em tender :-)

Thanks Dan for the like and the comment
Very nice of you to say.

Your masterbuilt will not reach 225, or you can't keep it that low

No problem these were tender, I'll put it on for ya.

David

Reactions: mr_whipple
Thanks Dan for the like and the comment
Very nice of you to say.

Your masterbuilt will not reach 225, or you can't keep it that low

No problem these were tender, I'll put it on for ya.

David
No electric or pellet smoker here, David. I only use the old Masterbuilt gasser for cold smoking with a mailbox mod and couldn't keep lower temps when I actually put gas to it (which has been years).
The offset won't even think about anything below 250 or 260.
I'll live vicariously through your pics :-)

• Haha
Wow David! That looks and sounds amazing! beautiful work, as always! I was traveling the past few days and look at what I miss when I don't have the site open in the background at work!

Wow David! That looks and sounds amazing! beautiful work, as always! I was traveling the past few days and look at what I miss when I don't have the site open in the background at work!

Thanks Jed for the love and the comment

They were great. I will do this again.
I also have to play catch up . Been off the site most of the week . Busy and not feeling so well. Think getting over it now.

David

Reactions: bauchjw
I keep froze chunks of pineapple in freezer and grate them into marinades. Works wonders on tough meat. My favorite is korean flanken ribs. Makes them so tender.

DRKsmoking,

Great Job on your Bacon on a Stick cook! I'm getting ready to try this myself. Two questions if I may:

1. Did you use a meat probe during your cook, and if so,

2. At what internal meat temperature did you remove the Bacon on a Stick from your smoker?

Thank You for your time!
Steve

DRKsmoking,

Great Job on your Bacon on a Stick cook! I'm getting ready to try this myself. Two questions if I may:

1. Did you use a meat probe during your cook, and if so,

2. At what internal meat temperature did you remove the Bacon on a Stick from your smoker?

Thank You for your time!
Steve

Hi Steve

Thanks for saying so.

I always use my Inkbird probes for all my smokes/cooks except for ribs or chicken wings. Not enough meat to get a good read
as you might be laying the probe against a bone and that does not work.

with the ribs you can tell by texture , softness when pushing against the meat , or how it flexes ie: bend test when you pick it up with tongs
or by the look of draw back ie: meat shrinking away from the end of the bones

I loved this way of doing the ribs, I have done it a few times. Give it a try and post how it turned out.
Here is another way i did it , cured the ribs than tied them into a ring and filled the ring with loaded mashed potatoes. It is the Anniversary post for
being on here for a year. tried to do something special. You can really see the meat pull back on the bones

DSC_3963.JPG

David

Reactions: daveomak
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky