I touched greatness today!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tbrtt1

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
I was in St. Louis today for business and I had a few minutes in the afternoon and stopped by the St. Louis BBQ Store. If you’re ever in the area do you self a favor and stop in. Really nice folks and a tremendous selection of smokers, smoker assessories and sauces and rubs.

When I get out of my rental car to walk in the store, there in the middle of the parking lot is a beautiful Shirley fabrication patio smoker. I’ve never actually seen one up close and personal. Wow! is all I can say. What an incredible piece of culinary equipment!

Spoke to the folks in the store and they managed to get 20 of those recently. They claim they ordered them two years ago and just now received them. That sounds about par for the course for ordering a Shirley fabrication smoker. They say most were already sold before they ever got them in and five or so sold within a few days of coming in and there were three left that we’re not sold but wouldn’t be there probably pass this weekend. Well I can certainly see why.

60161D82-89A1-4464-9A3D-3EB7EDBF8203.jpeg

E0DDB5A7-EFF9-4D7F-BD26-EDF9359E43DF.jpeg

FAA1CF67-E159-46EF-B00A-1E5C3F9A81F8.jpeg

B1BDFD94-BEE3-4B13-8FB2-D59D1296E17B.jpeg

Sorry folks, these aren’t the best pics as I’m not really a photographer but it’s what I could get on my phone in a small area where this smoker was. By the way, the unit above was about $2400. I almost bought it on the spot. Big beautiful firebox, reverse flow, interesting cook chamber as there are some width and depth to it but also will you be able to stacked vertically as there was room for multiple racks. There were a couple of models that had warmer boxes/smoker boxes sitting above the firebox with dampers allowing you to Channel smoke into the smoker box or not and just use it for a warmer box.

Frankly I know little about welding but it’s pretty easy to see whoever did that welding had a clue. I would say for the money you would be hard-pressed to find a better built barbecue pit smoker. There are a few in that league in the Houston area where I live. I’m fortunate to live in the Mecca of barbecue smoker builders.

Last edited:
You won't be disappointed. I bought my Shirley and haven't looked back. With little kids, it's harder for me to feed the sticks every 40 minutes, but nothing can touch the BBQ coming off this thing. I'll be doing Christmas prime rib and feeding sticks in the snow--anything for the Que!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky