I thought I would give these ribs a try........and I was disappointed.

Discussion in 'Pork' started by steelandsmoke, Apr 30, 2012.

1.  Well I saw these and since they already come with the rub on them I thought it would be worth a try.  The price was right too.  Do yourself a favor and never buy these. They just were not hat good.  Plus they left the skin on the back of the ribs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

renojohn likes this.
  2. They look good. What was wrong with them?

3. They just didn't taste very good.  I would say a combination of the rub they use and the quality of the ribs.  Plus I can't stand when the skin is left on the back of the rack.  I considered taking it off but it would have been a task and I still don' t think it would have helped the flavor much.

4. Thanks for letting me know. I'll know not to buy these..

Thanks

5. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Wonder if the application of the rub being on there too long, in addition to the cryopack had anything to do with the flavor? [​IMG]

Oh well, thanks for letting us know, and at least ya tried 'em!

6. jirodriguez

jirodriguez Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Yeah... I have never been happy with any meat that is cryopacked with a rub or marinade already on it. They all seem to be way over seasoned, usually salty, and just plain not worth it. Sorry you got bit, but thanks for letting the rest of us know!

7. jp61

jp61 Master of the Pit ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Live and learn...thanks for the post!

8. venture

venture Smoking Guru OTBS Member

My other half bought a similar product about a year ago.  Even she took a couple of bites and threw the rest away.

It made my process of educating her much easier!  [​IMG]

Good luck and good smoking.

9. sprky

sprky Master of the Pit OTBS Member

What a bummer as they looked good. As others have stated thanks for the heads up.

10. A shame, Swift is a good quality packer.

Thanks for the heads up!

11. spoolinaz

spoolinaz Meat Mopper

Those are meant for consumers who haven't found the Nirvana of SMF!

12. They look pretty good, but thanks for the heads up!

13. frosty

frosty Master of the Pit

Thanks for the heads up!  Will have to avoid that situation.

[​IMG]

14. pops6927

pops6927 Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Now, before July of 2008 I would have loved them!

15. IMHO I like these ribs for the price ... usually under $10 a rack in my aera . Hint : i do not just throw them on , i always remove the membrane and use my own rub the night before . 3-2-1 or 2-2-1 method .[​IMG]

16. jrod62

jrod62 Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member

If price is cheap . Wash them off and remove the membrane and put your own rub on