I smoked chicken as osu got smoked...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

vlap

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Aug 17, 2007
Bradenton, Florida
Poor poor poor osu how many chances at national championships have they lost now? (Go Gators!!!)

Well I got home and started to prepare the chicken I had purchased. Gave it a slathering of mayo and mustard. Once that was accomplished I also coated it with a good rub.

Into the smoker it went along with an onion that had been peeled and both ends trimmed. I loosely wrapped it with foil and then put Soy Sauce and butter on top. It was able to absorb a small amount of smoke flavor.

Once the food was in the smoker I chopped some cabbage and made a dressing for it. (Vinegar base)
I also reheated some smoked beans along with the leftover smoked beef from earlier in the week. Here you see the beef/beans in the front and the cole slaw dressing in the back. dressing was a cup apple cider vinegar, cup sugar, mustard powder, and celery seeds.

Once the dressing cooled I dressed the cole slaw. With the cabbage is sliced red onion, green peppers and Jalapenos.

Midway through the smoke its all coming together.

The finished product. I tested the leg for doneness and it pulled free easily. It was tasty as well.

The onion was nice and tender. Just a lil crunch left. The sauce was very tasty as well.

The plated food ready to eat!

Definitely a great meal made even better by the loss osu suffered.

Vlap, was wondering if you had seen the new Ohio State Helmet logo??

icon_mrgreen.gif
Go Gators

LOL!!! Sounds like you had a great evening Vlap!

Your feast looks awesome!! (as usual)
Great pictures and congrats on your team winning.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I see your using your Rival smoker again Valap,they're kind of handy smokers.
I bought one about a month ago and that's all I've used since I bought it.
I may go the Masterbuilt later but I'm having fun with the Rival for now.
All your pictures are making me hungry,nice job.

This is the third time I have used it since I got it around new years. Its a very handy smoker. Definitely deserves a bit of respect. The amount of food you can get into it with its 2 tiered rack is respectable.
I am very happy with this purchase. It will also make an appearance at the next florida smoke out.
icon_smile.gif

Each smoke has gotten progressively better as I learn to use it. It is well worth the money.

Vlap, congrats on making a great choice on that smoker, you're putting out some good lookin' Q! Good to see you smokin' again my friend.

It is nice to be able to contribute to the smoking part of this forum. We will see what this little smoker can do.

vlap.....nice smoke.........what was the sauce on the onion...........when i first looked at it, thought it was a creme brule'(sp....spell check couldn't figure this one out...hehehe)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky