I really REALLY hope I like this kabanosy because...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice looking sticks Sherry

Point for sure
Chris

They're done...and delicious even before resting them in the fridge.

I ran a doubled-up piece of butcher's twine over my sink to hang them on after removing them from the oven and giving them a cold water bath...so what now?

I'm assuming I need to let them hang there until the casings are thoroughly dry. Can I cut them to length before I wrap them in butcher's paper and put in the fridge to dry further?

I like them...a lot. I guess I now officially have a good excuse to pop for sheep casings (don't care for the collagen as it's tough, but I have had the casings in my fridge for a long time so that could be the problem I guess).

Pics shortly!
kabanosy looks great. Sheeps will take them to the next level. Heres a pic of some dried Kabanos with sheeps I did a while back on page 2. They will darken up as they bloom and dry.

Great job........ :emoji_thumbsup:

Boykjo

Reactions: SherryT
Thanks for the kind words, everyone! I'll DEFINITELY be making these again...and again...and again!

Also, the recipe seems like it would be a good "base", so to speak (want a bit of a bite...add a bit of hot stuff).

I stuck them on a couple of racks and put in the fridge last night. I'll weigh the batch (so I can track weight loss), cut them to length and wrap them up in butcher's paper later today...gonna be interesting to see how they change over the next few days!

VERY pleased how these turned out!

Reactions: tallbm
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky