I need some ideas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Smoked sausage cut into 1" pieces, dough squares about 3"-4" square (get creative with ready-made dough like pie crust/crescent roll/biscuit/puff pastry/pizza/whatever), and one or two more item(s) of your choice (cheese, jalapeno, kraut, pepperoni, salami, sautéed veggies, etc). Put the sausage in the center, add the extra whatever, then pinch it together. Bake at 350F until browned, about 10 minutes. Pick a dipping sauce that complements the ingredients. Easy peasy.

Those all sound awesome. Here are a few more.

Smoked Cheese sliced thin on a Triscuit with a dab of hot sauce.
Deep fried dill pickles.
Batter dipped, deep fried cauliflower with wing sauce (it's really pretty good).
Cream cheese and pepper jelly on a Ritz cracker.

Daughter makes a 7 layer bean dip, SIL brings Deviled eggs, always crackers and spreads, Teeny wienies in BBQ sauce.
I'm making a half-steamer pan of Dutch's Wicked Beans, and some Pumpkin Pecan stuff.

Pork shots or moinks are my go to.

Chris

Serve something different from the main course fare. Things like smoked crab dip on crackers, asian egg rolls with a soy-ginger sauce like Richie says, or you could do a smoked shrimp cocktail.

Reactions: SonnyE
Crabmeat combined with cocktail sauce. You put that in a bowl and next to that you put a plate of crackers and also a bowl with soft cream cheese. Put them together and you have an amazing taste.

When my parents served this back in the 50s and 60s they served it with Euphrates crackers.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky