I need a little Tech Support! Anyone know how to fix this?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey Red

I had the same problem for a couple of months.  My laptop behaved the same as yours, but my Iphone worked fine.  Tried different browsers--tried everything with no success.  Then I restored my laptop to an earlier date, and everything was good to go.  Unfortunately, I have no idea what the problem had been, had to have been some change made at some time after that restore point.  Maybe see if this will work for you.

Gary

Thanks Gary...I may give that a try.

Red

I notice that when I reply I get a plain box something like what you see and then the GUI editor loads, I assume that is flash or flashplayer doing that.  I suspect the issue is in one of those.

The fact that it seems to be a system issue and not a browser issue is confusing a little.  Unless you are have the issues with the same plugins on multiple browsers on your system by chance.

I don't think flash runs on ports other than 80 so it shouldn't be a firewall.

If browsing from a work computer it is possible that the network is blocking certain apps or protocols, but from a home network all this should work.

if it is a work computer you may be able to find a web proxy that you could use to try to get full functionality from work, not sure if that is still possible but worth some googleing on the subject. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky