I just had to do vortex ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
They look great, I use to do them hot and fast all the time, been slacking myself but think you have prodded me to make a rack or 2. Hope your on the mend.

Reactions: SmokinAl
Glad you finally got to try them Al... I too was blown away with how well they turned out... I like mine just dry rubbed so they get the crispy/crunchy bark... Charlotte likes hers suaced so I do them half and half...

Glad to hear you overcome the health issues... I know the feeling... Been out of work since Feb 4th with issues, But all is well now... Back to work Tue. Really not looking foward to it as I was enjoying "semi retirement".. 2.5 years to go for full retirement...

I have to totally agree with this... I can do them in the middle of the week now after work...
Thanks Keith!
It really does make ribs easy & quick, with IMHO better flavor & juiciness.
And with bark all the way around it is a flavor bomb!
Al
those look awesome. would never think to try. I have a hard time trimming slabs to fit on my 18.5
Thank-you, they are really easy to slice up, I think you will like the results!
Al
Nice Al . Yup , those are the good ones . Starting to see them more around here .
Thanks for posting , and feel better bud .
Thanks Rich!
Got some more ideas for the next batch!
Al
Those look killer! Glad things are looking up for you!
Thank you!
Appreciate it!
Al
Looks fantastic. I did some babybacks on the smoker this way except I wrapped each of them in bacon. Took longer than an hour, but were very good and surprised me too.
Thank you!
I was thinking of trying the bacon on a few of them next time!
Al
Those sure look great Al and love some Killer Hogs flavor!
Don't have a kettle or vortex but gotta 'em in individual cuts.
Glad you feeling better and stay away from the white coats😆.

Keith
Thanks Keith!
Yea I know, once they get a hold of you, it’s test after test.
Al
I don't have a vortex, but I have a rack of baby backs going on the kettle today. Maybe it's time to do singles 🤔
Yes Sir, definitely give it a try.
I agree. Tried it myself and am sold. So much easier, faster and tastier. Yours look great Al. Nice work.
Thanks Bro, I think the kettle will be getting a workout this summer!
Al
Still the innovator Al. Rib looks good.

Wishing you and Judy good health.
Thank you, and wishing everyone good health!
Al

Reactions: 912smoker
Sorry to hear you've been ailing Al...hope you're back on your feet!

This definitely makes me want to give this method a try! So easy...and those ribs look terrific! Nicely done Al!

Red

Fantastic cook Al, I would have never tried that, but I will. They look delicious! Thanks for posting and glad you are on the mend.

Very nice ribs Al! I would have gobbled them up quick!
Thank you!
That’s exactly what we did!
Al
Al those look great, and looks like you and the Misses enjoyed them.

I love doing fast singles , or even slow singles.
More realestate to cover with rub etc.

Hope you are feeling better Al.

David
Thanks David!
I can’t believe it took me this long to try this!
We haven’t ate a whole rack of ribs in a long time, but we sure woofed these down!
Al
They look great, I use to do them hot and fast all the time, been slacking myself but think you have prodded me to make a rack or 2. Hope you’re on the mend.
Thanks Mike, I’m doing fine. Just haven’t had an appetite & if you’re not hungry, cooking isn’t much fun. But those BB’s sure tasted good!
Al
You nailed them Al. So glad you tried them. The only way I do them anymore. The sauce sets up so good like this. Prayers sent to getting healthy.
Thanks Brian, between you & Keith, I just had to do it. Never going back!
Al
Al, the ribs look fantastic, but I must say, it's great to see you back posting cooks. I've missed that...
Thanks Charles, it felt good to put up a thread again.
Al
They sure look good!
Thanks Tex!
Al
Sorry to hear you've been ailing Al...hope you're back on your feet!

This definitely makes me want to give this method a try! So easy...and those ribs look terrific! Nicely done Al!

Red
Thanks Red!
You do it one time & you won’t go back!
Al

Wow Al, nice experiment with a fantastic result. Got to put this in the 'try it next time' list for sure.
Sure hope you're feeling better!

Fantastic cook Al, I would have never tried that, but I will. They look delicious! Thanks for posting and glad you are on the mend.
Thank you Colin!
Simple & good!
Al
Wow Al, nice experiment with a fantastic result. Got to put this in the 'try it next time' list for sure.
Sure hope you're feeling better!
Thanks Buddy!
And thanks for the well wishes!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky