I didn't want this to be my second post.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ChefTrinket

Original poster
Sep 30, 2021
This is honestly the last thing I wanted to have to post to you all...

Last night, my father, chef jimmyj chef jimmyj passed away. He was here at home, surrounded with love.

You all here at SMF were a second family to him... He talked constantly about the different issues of the moment, how different people would do amazing and delicious things, and how awesome you all were to him.

I did get the chance to personally meet some of you at one of the Gatherings here in PA, and he absolutely loved being surrounded by the warmth of your friendship and had so much fun just being around like minded people.

We aren't having any type of service because he didn't want that, he will be cremated and as I promised him early in life, bay leaves put in his ashes(because they go in chicken soup damnit!), and he'll be home where he belongs.

My mom and I want to thank each and every one of you for helping give my dad a purpose. He had been handicapped and housebound for a long time, and missed his days as a chef instructor. Once he found you all here at SMF, he not only got to share what he was passionate about, but he got to share it all with people who became more that just random people on a website, many of you become friends.

I may just have to take over posting for him so often... Pie making is about to start and this is my first Thanksgiving on my own. I hope I can make him proud and continue to be the person he wanted.

James Louis Jankoski
(June 4,1962-November 22,2021)

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1637693819567.jpg
    FB_IMG_1637693819567.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 279
I am so very sorry to hear this he as well as you and your family will be in my prayers

Oh...WOW! So sorry to read of the passing of Chef Jimmy! I enjoyed his post and always took his advice to heart. He will be be sorely missed. Prayers for you and the rest of his family.
Jim

So sad to hear this. Your family will be in my prayers.
I really enjoyed JJ and he always kept us on the narrow path of food safety. His knowledge and expertise will be greatly missed. He really was one of the good ones. Rest In Peace Chef JJ.

Oh man so sorry to hear this. I've talked with Jimmy many times and always enjoyed what he contributed to the forum. RIP bud!

Truly very sad to hear this news. He was full of knowledge and wit. Will certainly miss him on this forum. Will send some prayers your way.

So sad to hear this. My condolences to you and your family. Jimmy was a great guy and always there when anyone needed help. I really enjoyed his commentary and posts. We will keep the entire family in our prayers.

So sorry to hear about this.. he was such a major part of this community. Keeping you and the family in our prayers.

So sad, I will miss his contributions and recipes, My condolences go out to you and your family. I am sure he will be very proud of your pies and Thanksgiving dinner.

Very Sorry to hear this. Your Family is in our prayers. May he Rest in Peace.

Oh my God Amanda. That is so sad to hear but thank you for letting us know. All my condolences and best wishes go out to you and your family and please know that your father will always be in my heart. You know how to contact me and if there's anything at all I can do please don't hesitate to ask.

So sad....
Robert

So sorry to hear that , chef was a top notch guy who helped so many of us here. I had a chat with him not to long and it turned out his mother's family grew up in the same town as me and he was going on about when he used to visit his grandparents and the things he remembered. Will definitely keep him and his family in my prayers.

So sorry for your loss, a very sad day for you at this time of the year, stay strong he would want that. God Bless
Richie

Very sorry to heart that. He was an important part of this community and will be missed. I know myself and others have learned many things from him and have enjoyed reading his postings and interacting with them. My heart goes out to you and your family.

I'm so sorry to hear this. He's helped me personally a few times and was a wonderful person.
Good to know he had you all with him to the end and I'll guarantee he was/is proud of you!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky