I decided to try making smoked hummus and it turned out great!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ponzLL

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 5, 2019
SE Michigan
I love hummus. Make it all the time, but I wanted to try something different, so I smoked the chickpeas first! I used the weber since I'm able to smoke at a much lower temperature in there than in my Masterbuilt propane smoker.

So I started with 2 cans of chick peas, garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper and put it in a tray in the kettle grill. I got some soshito peppers from the asian market today I wanted to try, so I smoked those and put them in the hummus as well.

2019-05-11 12.57.09-2.jpg

I let that go between 130-150 for about 90 minutes

2019-05-11 13.00.06-1.jpg

Here's how it looked at the halfway point

2019-05-11 13.47.33.jpg

Once I pulled them, I put them in the processor and let it go for a minute or so to get the beans smooth, then I added tahini paste, salt, pepper, cumin, lemon, and the rest of the juice from the can. I made sure it was a little thin since the peas were warm from the smoker. It'll thicken up in the fridge. Overall I'm really happy with how it turned out and will definitely try again. There's a clear smokey taste but far from overwhelming!

2019-05-11 14.25.15-1.jpg 2019-05-11 14.32.34-1.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky