I am looking to purchase a propane smoker!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dolphin dan

Original poster
Feb 17, 2017
I AM IN THE MARKET FOR A NEW SMOKER, I DO LIKE THE SMOKE VAULT 24, BUT I ALSO WANTED TO SEE WHAT ELSE YOU GUYS RECOMMEND? THANKS 

Hello and welcome to SMF from the Great white North 
canada-flag-68.gif
. Browse the forums and ask lots of questions, get involved. There is a an amazing amount of info, recipes and knowledge here that are second to none. Enjoy good luck and share your experiences. 

Definitely check into the smoker threads and see what they have to say, Also look at he reviews on lines as well customer services reviews.. Let us know how you go, 

Welcome
You'll find tons of good info and plenty of inspiration here
I have a Dyna Glo single burner propane smoker. I like it and it's definitely a lot easier than the charcoal one I used to use.

Mine came with casters.That was a plus. I put heat proof gasket stripping around inside edge of both doors to prevent smoke and heat lose.
I also use a 10" cast iron skillet to hold wood chips instead of the chip pan that came with unit. Also have needle valve on propane bottle to better control low temperature smoking.
Now the temp gauge on the door is junk. It's 50 degrees off.
I use a Maverick 733 for chamber heat and IT for meat.

I have a SV24.

I've had it for years & used it hundreds of times.

It's still chugging along.

No mods needed, it's ready to go right out of the box.

Al

SmokinAl, Here's my issue, A lot of these smokers have very little smoke trays that don't hold very much. Where I live they don't carry this grill to where I can go see it. Can you put a pic of the smoker tray in here or perhaps how big it is? How many hours can you smoke with chunks without having to add more wood? Thanks

welcome1.gif
glad to have you on board lot of great guys and gals on here with tons of info. On Home Page read the Initial Greetings for some helpful info.

I have an older model master built but it is 40" with 4 racks holds a lot of meat. Mine is the single door model have done a lot of meat in this smoker.

Warren

texas.gif
  Good afternoon and welcome to the forum from a nice day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web.                          Lots        of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky