Humidity control for refrigerator curing

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Blackgunther

Original poster
Apr 16, 2021
Hello All, I recently built my first curing locker out of a refrigerator equiped with an Inkbird ITC-608T temp/humidity control, a small fan and a HoMedics 0.5g Cool Mist Ultrasonic humidifier. The temperature is fine, set to 50-53 f and the humidity is set to 70 -75%. Once the humidity has exceeded the 75% range the control shuts off the humidifier as it should. My problem is once the humidity level drops below set range, the humidifier will not turn back on automatically. If I am conveniently home I can turn it on manually but that was something I was trying to avoid. Can anyone recommend a humidifier that will turn on once again automatically? Thanks, cheers

Here is what I use. works great.

Attachments

• 61tDo23eNtL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    61tDo23eNtL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: indaswamp
Yes, you need a analog humidifier that will stay on when the power switch is in the on position so the controller can hijack it and control when to turn it off and on.

Oh- you will also need a dehumidifier.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky