Curing cahmber Humidifier and De Hum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

forkin pork

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 1, 2012
Stamford, Connecticut
As some of you know, I'm putting together my first curing chamber, and with the help of some of you in here, (mainly daveo and atomic) , I've been able to put things together, as well as combined the build with actually making some cured sausage and/ or cappicola at the same time, probably something you should not do together.

I'm not a beginner with curing meats, that's why I took on doing two things at once.
With all that being, my curing chamber made out of an old refrigerator, has worked out very well and I'm very pleased with temps and humidity for the most part because of the Inkbird controls really work wonders.
Here are the last issues I face,
Humidity is on the high side and the inkbird w/ dehumidifier works great, but tends to start running low humidity, so the humidifier should kick on, "it doesn't". (TaoTronics Humidifier, 2L Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier )

When Inkbird turns it off, it will not come back on when inkbird wants it to. So don't buy this humidifier for your curing chamber.

Soooo, with all that being said, does anyone know of a Mini Humidifier that if "ON" will go on and off with a timer, and/or Inkbird.

Daveo, my man, you've done it again and saved the day. That humidifier is perfect, just what I need and I like the fact that we can mount it outside the chamber and save space.

I'm sorry. I don't see a link or any information? Is that perhaps because I'm not logged in appropriately?

I'm building up my own curing chamber and would love to have an external humidifier to save room as well.

Reactions: bernieross
Now I'm sorry for being so intrusive, but I investigated, and decided on this model humidifier. I just ordered it on Amazon and will be here Friday.
I don't need it yet, but soon I will as humidity starts to drop.

My humidifier was the same way. I tore it apart and soldered the circuit board to work the way I wanted. Always on and controlled my the controller.

Well from my investigations, this one should work perfect with my Inkbird controller.
It's just plug in and forget it, the only adjustment this model has is the amount of humidity output.
Daveo, turned me on to this type of humiditier, thanks daveo.

I'm sorry. I don't see a link or any information? Is that perhaps because I'm not logged in appropriately?

I'm building up my own curing chamber and would love to have an external humidifier to save room as well.
Me too! No link or info. Which humdifier?

There is a thread I read yesterday explaining which "stop pop ups" you have to delete.. If someone remembers it, please link to it...

That is strange, back when daveo first posted the link, it was there and I could see it, now for some reason I can not.
The only thing different on my end, is I now have a security system on my computers much like "LifeLock".
And "Pop Ups" are blocked, which I love, but this may now be a small down side, not sure.
I do have an Icon on my browsers in the upper right corner that I can switch it off, did not try???
So, maybe you have to turn off or tweek the pop-up setting in your system???
I can't say for sure.

Look for a humidifier or dehumidifier with an on/off dial-type switch, or a switch with different on/off positions. A mechanical switch, or a toggle switch, not a button that you press for both "on" and "off". These type won't switch themselves on when the power is resumed after it cuts out, unless you're prepared to take the electrics apart and start fiddling with the circuits.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky