How's this for a bargain?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gunslinger

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
So I go to my favorite meat processor for the last hog I killed, and see a "Meat Sale" sign on the door. Not really interested, I inquire to pass the time while they're fetchin' my meat.
Packers for .89/lb
Butts and shoulders .69/lb
Suddenly I'm very interested. Even though I have 5 or 6 packers and a fresh hog about to be loaded in the pickup, I felt compelled to add to my stock pile. 250 bucks later, no wait...........600 bucks later (I had to buy another freezer) I have more briskets and pork roasts than I know what to do with. Yeah right, like I don't know what to do with them. :lol:

that is a nice price for some meat. i wish i would come across a deal like that. i have a freezer now, with a bit of meat in it. last week the big grocery store here had beef shoulder roasts for $1.99/lb.

Nice steal there, 'Slinger. That's a deal that you don't walk into every day!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky