• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

How's this for a bargain?

gunslinger

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 24, 2006
So I go to my favorite meat processor for the last hog I killed, and see a "Meat Sale" sign on the door. Not really interested, I inquire to pass the time while they're fetchin' my meat.
Packers for .89/lb
Butts and shoulders .69/lb
Suddenly I'm very interested. Even though I have 5 or 6 packers and a fresh hog about to be loaded in the pickup, I felt compelled to add to my stock pile. 250 bucks later, no wait...........600 bucks later (I had to buy another freezer) I have more briskets and pork roasts than I know what to do with. Yeah right, like I don't know what to do with them. :lol:

chris_harper

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 21, 2006
that is a nice price for some meat. i wish i would come across a deal like that. i have a freezer now, with a bit of meat in it. last week the big grocery store here had beef shoulder roasts for $1.99/lb.

msmith

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 22, 2006
Heck gunslinger if we lived close together we could have a bbq joint on wheels, very good buy.

dgross

Meat Mopper
Joined Dec 21, 2006
Wow! With prices like that I could indulge in this obsession for many moons :D .
Hey, you could always save a few for June :roll: .

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Jul 7, 2005
Nice steal there, 'Slinger. That's a deal that you don't walk into every day!!

ultramag

SMF Events Planning Committee
Joined Apr 17, 2006
Those are definately stock up prices. Nice score Gunny!

larry maddock

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 27, 2005
yep--
if i ran into those meat prices.
the freezer store would sell me one also

gunslinger

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 24, 2006
No stupids questions here Charlie. A packer contains both the flat and the point. It's a whole brisket.

cheech

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 19, 2005
Wow awesome deal I just picked up a shoulder for 99c a pound and I thought that was a good deal

buzzard

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 23, 2006
man, i need to find some loser friends so i feel better about the deals i find. compaired to yalls i pay above retail. :roll:

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.