1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

How's this for a bargain?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gunslinger, Jan 25, 2007.

1. So I go to my favorite meat processor for the last hog I killed, and see a "Meat Sale" sign on the door. Not really interested, I inquire to pass the time while they're fetchin' my meat.
    Packers for .89/lb
    Butts and shoulders .69/lb
    Suddenly I'm very interested. Even though I have 5 or 6 packers and a fresh hog about to be loaded in the pickup, I felt compelled to add to my stock pile. 250 bucks later, no wait...........600 bucks later (I had to buy another freezer) I have more briskets and pork roasts than I know what to do with. Yeah right, like I don't know what to do with them. :lol:

2. chris_harper

chris_harper Master of the Pit OTBS Member

that is a nice price for some meat. i wish i would come across a deal like that. i have a freezer now, with a bit of meat in it. last week the big grocery store here had beef shoulder roasts for $1.99/lb.

3. msmith

msmith Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Heck gunslinger if we lived close together we could have a bbq joint on wheels, very good buy.

4. pyre

pyre Meat Mopper OTBS Member

That's a great price.

5. Wow! With prices like that I could indulge in this obsession for many moons :D .
    Hey, you could always save a few for June :roll: .

6. Dutch

Dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member OTBS Admin SMF Premier Member

Nice steal there, 'Slinger. That's a deal that you don't walk into every day!!

7. ultramag

ultramag SMF Events Planning Committee

Those are definately stock up prices. Nice score Gunny!

8. larry maddock

larry maddock Master of the Pit OTBS Member

yep--
    if i ran into those meat prices.
    the freezer store would sell me one also

9. WOW them are some great prices !!! I don`t want to seem like i`m stupid but what is a packers :?:
    charlie

10. No stupids questions here Charlie. A packer contains both the flat and the point. It's a whole brisket.

11. cheech

cheech Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Wow awesome deal I just picked up a shoulder for 99c a pound and I thought that was a good deal

12. buzzard

buzzard Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

man, i need to find some loser friends so i feel better about the deals i find. compaired to yalls i pay above retail. :roll: