Howdy from NC

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

FoxmanNC

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 10, 2020
Hey all, I am a novice smoker.... in fact, scratch that. I am yet to be a novice smoker, but rather an aspiring smoker who knows very little about doing it. I am good at eating good BBQ. I have an interest in learning and am in the process of acquiring a Masterbuilt gravity 560 after watching a few reviews and doing some reading. I feel like I know its shortfalls, but for the budget, I like the charcoal aspect. Anyway, don't know how much I'll contribute, but plan to do a lot of learning, recipes, process, all of it.

Welcome from Maryland glad to have you on board, Ask your questions and you will receive a lot of help from the gang on here both guys and gals.

Warren

Reactions: FoxmanNC
Welcome (Also from NC)! You will enjoy it here.
I'm in the High Point area, mid-state. Moved here in 84 back when I had hair. From Kansas City originally. I have had to transition from predominantly beef to predominantly pork BBQ, but I have survived.

Welcome from Ga. I've been looking at the new MB 40" Charcoal Smoker. But out of stock for 1-2 months. Not many reviews, the ones I saw were mostly good. Seems easy to operate.

Welcome to the forum. You will find friendly people here. Many are experts and have good advice.
Have you been to Stamey's yet? Vinegar or tomato? ( those in NC will know the difference!)
I have been to the Stamey's in Greensboro. My personal favorite is Lexington BBQ off of 85 or Smokey Joes. They also have brisket, which is pretty good (not KC good). Not sure if you're familiar with Kenersville, but they have a place called Prissy Polly's that offers eastern style and Lexington style. It's decent.

Hello Foxman and welcome from the thriving metropolis of Pinnacle, North Carolina. We can't be all that far apart. I'm 25 minutes north of downtown Winston-Salem.

Maybe we can get together sometime and toss some critter parts in a smoker. Or make some sausage. Or get some meat started curing. Or...

Best regards to all,

Lance

Reactions: FoxmanNC
Hello Foxman and welcome from the thriving metropolis of Pinnacle, North Carolina. We can't be all that far apart. I'm 25 minutes north of downtown Winston-Salem.

Maybe we can get together sometime and toss some critter parts in a smoker. Or make some sausage. Or get some meat started curing. Or...

Best regards to all,

Lance
:emoji_laughing: Toss some critter parts.... that got a chuckle. Yeah, I know where Pinnacle is. We're not far apart at all. I am efforting on getting a 560 smoker as soon as Monday and then I'll start to apply some of the learning stiff, but I'd love it if we could get together sometime and smoke some critter parts! LOL that's just funny to me. By the way, I'm Russ.

:emoji_laughing: Toss some critter parts.... that got a chuckle. Yeah, I know where Pinnacle is. We're not far apart at all. I am efforting on getting a 560 smoker as soon as Monday and then I'll start to apply some of the learning stiff, but I'd love it if we could get together sometime and smoke some critter parts! LOL that's just funny to me. By the way, I'm Russ.
So, Russ, where do you live?

So, Russ, where do you live?
I am in the Davidson County section of High Point. About 2.5 miles off of HWY 109 between Wallburg and Thomasville. Near Ledford Middle School. I estimate that we are about 45 minutes to an hour apart, roughly.

Reactions: LanceR
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky