How to pick them lemons.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cmayna

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 23, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
...that are way up there.

This is for cappyR who has a major thorny Meyer Lemon bush that loves to drawl blood. This is my next door neighbor's Meyer lemon tree that is loaded and is asking me to help reduce the population. Problem is that the tree is too tall to get them high ones, so I got out my welder and made this harvesting cage, which is smaller than what you normally find on the market. Just big enough for dem lemons.

rumenyru.jpg

y3ysedu2.jpg

u7e8yva8.jpg

une4y6y8.jpg

Today, picked a few to make some Sorbet with pics to follow.

Tapayakin' from my iphone

Last edited:
My neighbor this week decided he needed a road to the back end of his property. Bulldozer showed up last Tuesday and there is now compacted down the first layer crushed washout for his new road. What does this have to do with lemons? Well his lemon and Kumquat tree were where they staked out the road. They were only about 15 years old but they were probably 25 ft. tall, and they are no more. I was actually sad to see them uprooted.

So no more kumquat marmalade and fresh lemon pies for Foam!

Cool Tool Cmayna!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky