How much to cook....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ecto1

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 22, 2010
Spring, Tx
I am having a BBQ next weekend for the UFC fight and am expecting 15-18 adults and about half a 6-10 kids.  My menu for the event is gonna be spare ribs, yard bird, sausage, hot dogs for the kids, potato salad, bean (thinking of trying dutches), and pecan pies.  I am thinking 4-5 racks of spares, 10 pounds of leg quarters, 10 pounds of pork sausage, 10 pounds of potato salad.  4 pecan pies.  Any other suggestions my wife wants Fajitas and Sweetbreads also so that will probably be added to the menu.

Is this too much food?  Not enough I think I will have the MES and two UDS smokers running all at the same time.  I can't wait gonna be a blast.

icon_cool.gif

Now this is one of the things that my wife has taught me. There's never too much you can always use the leftovers for lunches. Now that makes the people around you at lunch very jealous and you very popular at lunch time too. As for the leftovers you can give some to your guest and they will love you for it believe me. but I would suggest making some of Dutch's beans you wouldn't be disappointed their that good.

X2 on the dutchs wicked beans!

never enough meat,

w/ your menu i would figure 4 bones per person and let them eat the rest of the meat and sides to fill up.

Make double the ammount of beans that you need because they get better after sitting in the freezer.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky