How Many Mes Owners Here?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Which One Do You Have?

• 40'

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40' with window

• 40' 800 watt

• I like it a lot

• Where did you buy it?

• Sams Club

• Other please list where in a post

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I am a MES owner..I have a 30" model 20070106...it only has a 650 watt heating element.  I did add a smoke daddy to it for colder smokes.

c1d0aa54_smoker.jpg

I have the 30" Black w/ Digital and LOVE it so far.

Had it for one season so far and no real issues as of yet.

More details. I started with ECB charcoal job many years ago. Converted it to electric with three 500w charcoal starters so I could get some regulation by adding or subtracting elements. worked well and got me hooked on watt-burners. My stainless 40 1200w with window did great on the first 2 smokes except for not wanting to burn up the chips and needed lots of tending to keep it smoking. Today called customer service and the retro-fit chip-holder kit is being sent so that problem should be history. I have made a canister type smoke generator and am about to make a maze type to try out one of these days so it can be nearly set and forget. this unit was bought at Academy Sports. I think I'm going to love this smoker. Best thing since pockets for shirts.

Chuck

I TOO love my MES

I have heard all the arguments. If you want charcoal go that route. If you have a LIFE then go electric. I have heard about "not enough smoke" until I wonder if one wants to digest a hickory tree.

Does any one else have the defect that you are typing and your script inserts itself 2 lines up? My wife & I have that regularly
SO go for it. You will not notice the difference between charcoal and electric unless you count the hours counting standing there loading charcoal. And sweating.
 I have had the same problem. It took forever for me to post a message with q-view yesterday. I noticed that when this happens I have no cursor showing. After rebooting and trying it again yesterday it was still messing up until I clicked on "clear" below the message box before I started and the first thing I noticed was I now had a cursor and it worked fine. Hope this helps. I posted a message yesterday (see "I guess I'm not smart enough") about this very thing. I guess it's just us. I use Firefox. How about you?

30' MES with window and digital readout. purchased thru Cabela's, got it for 290 with shipping but had a 100 gift card from work for my 10 yr anniv. so i paid out of pocket 190. so far i love it, pretty much set it and forget it.

"What is the "FIX" you all speak of???" Your question is off-topic for this thread. That may be why you did not get a reply the first time you asked. You will likely have better luck searching/posting elsewhere on the Electric Smoker forum. Hint: wood tray upgrade kit

Last edited:
I have a MES Stainless 40 with window. Thing is awesome...especially with the combo of the AMazeN. I highly recommend the AMazeN Smoker to any of the MES owners here. I know a lot of you have one, but if you dont...buy it. You wont be disappointed. 

Chris

Reactions: jamiewenz
I have a 30" black one that was purchased for me by my wife.  It works great.  I would like something different, not because of any problems with this product, but I might need something larger because our family members have started to ask me to smoke things a lot more in the last few weeks. 

Question for long time owners of the MES 40. How does the glass hold up? I assume it has double pane glass...does it stain and cloud between the glass after years of use?
Not double pane that i can tell .Just tempered glass.

If you get a scraper that uses single edge razor blades and scrape the heavy  stuff off you can keep it clean w/ some vinegar .

I picked up my MES 40 at Sam's Club.  I absolutely LOVE it!!  I will not go back to a charcoal smoker again!  I just can't say enough good things about it!

Last edited:
Got my MES 40 yesterday. It had some slight damage to top control plastic case had a piece broken off, looked like one of the wheels got loose inside duing shipping and did the damage. Nothing that will keep i from working. I guess I will call Masterbuilt and get it replaced. It came from Sams and has the small smoker box. Is the upgraded large smoker box hard to come by?

But I am officially an MES 40 owner. Can't wait to get something in it smoking.

just got the smoker box retro. simple as a phone call, model and serial number and 7 days later, a retro kit. did some babybacks w/o the retro and got some decent smoke, so can't wait to see the diff. i used my smoker in the teens and everything worked fine.

I just bought a 30, with the remote.  I've used a 20# Sausage Smoker insulated for 15 years, but I got tired of fighting the temperature control.  I also have a GOSM that while easier to control, is still touchy.  I'm hoping the new unit will solve my temperature control problems, and I'm not too proud to use the remote either.
icon_biggrin.gif

Last edited:
I just bought a 30, with the remote.  I've used a 20# Sausage Smoker insulated for 15 years, but I got tired of fighting the temperature control.  I also have a GOSM that while easier to control, is still touchy.  I'm hoping the new unit will solve my temperature control problems, and I'm not too proud to use the remote either.
icon_biggrin.gif

LOL  "Pride cometh before a fall", but good smoked food cometh easy with a remote control.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky