How Many Mes Owners Here?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Which One Do You Have?

• 40'

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40' with window

• 40' 800 watt

• I like it a lot

• Where did you buy it?

• Sams Club

• Other please list where in a post

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Single mom here.... love smoked meat and decided I wasn't going to wait for friends to make it... Bought the 40" from Sam's Club and it's scheduled to be delivered today!!!!! Am sooo excited. One of the guys I work with just bought one online too. Plan on "breaking it in" tonight with my first smoke tomorrow of pork butts. Wish me luck. Will post pics when I figure out how to.... will welcome all stories and suggestions!!!!

Reactions: marinedave
Well I guess I can add My name to the List. Just got the 40" at Sam's. Last night seasoned her up and will smoke something this weekend!

I have one and I love it!! I know its not the real thing but its close enough. I have 2 young children so I dont have a lot of extra time. (you parents know what Im talkin' about!) I got a MES because my Mom got one and she loves hers. My sister followed suit and she loves hers as well. Cant wait to dust mine off and use it tomorrow!!

Reactions: tythur111386
Just ordered a 30" four rack from amazon. $194.00 with free shipping. I can not wait! I will be checking out ya'lls recipe's this weekend to see what I am gonna do first. Being stupid, I keep thinking of pastrami (Rivet's) but will settle on a butt the first time I do believe. Will let cha know.

I got my 40" w/window from Sam's a week ago. Shakedown cruise was yesterday with a huge butt, a pizza fatty, and some awesome Laotian sausages we scored at an Asian market on Saturday. I'm really impressed at the ease in using it after the last ten years or so with my New Braunfels offset. I was a little too goosey to take pictures of the first attempt, but everything turned out perfect. Best fatty I ever made, and the butt took forever but rendered completely while still moist. Laotian sausage is out of this world. I love this smoker.

Picked up 2 of the "new" 30" 800 watt from Bass Pro on black Friday for $139 each. (gave one to my brother)
Absolutely love mine and use it one or two times a week since I got it.
Wish I had the 40" to accomodate all the extra meat my friends want me to smoke for them.
icon_lol.gif

I think he's saying it's not a "real" smoker because it's not a stick burner.

I humbly disagree. I had to wait a week and a half for dry enough weather to fire up my new MES, and the results were fantastic. I can get good flavor, good texture, and yes, even a smoke ring with it - it's real enough for me.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Glad to see more women on this forum. You will absolutely love this smoker and soon become an addict.......to the forum, as well as to what you can do with your MES. My trips to the grocery begin with the meat dept. If it's on sale, I buy it for later. I teach high school English, and don't have a lot of time to smoke. My biggest problems -- not peeking and patiently waiting for the correct internal temp. Get a Maverick ET-73 thermometer. It will make things much easier for you. And don't forget the Qviews.
icon_smile.gif

I second that ask everyone that loved my last brisket or pulled pork if it lacked flavor and they may look at you funny.

Got my 30" online from Wally World. Haven't used it yet -- planning a Prime Rib for Sunday. :) Also planning to do a ham for Easter and some ribs for the next weekend. Can't wait!

Bought a new 40" 1200 watt from Sam's Club last Wednesday, Going to unpack and season tomorrow, Monday, Going to sell the Bradley and take my losses...

Beer-B-Q

AND THE CROWD GOES WILD!

What's 1st on your list for your new smoker?

Todd

I got the 30" MES from Cabelas and I really, really like it!!!!! It turns out some great tasting chow.
But I gotta say that I absolutely LOVE my Traeger!!!!!
I also use the MES when I wrap stuff in foil after being smoked in the Traeger, it saves me from using my wood pellets just to finish off the heat process....
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Yeah, I've done a few cooks starting in the charcoal offset and then foiling and finishing in the MES. Cheaper and easier on fuel and don't have to babysit it.

Just bought the MES 30' and LOVE IT ..Was $200 bones at Cabela's ...It is nice to be able to let it do its thing and not have to check temps all the time...
icon_razz.gif

I just got mine (30") from Cabela's. I seasoned it and am cooking a brisket in it right now. I will know for sure in a few more hours how well I like it, but right now it is smelling awesome.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Not sure when you bought yours exactly, but take your reciept back to the store and get a credit. It is now online at Cabelas.com for $149. I got mine from the store yesterday and they price matched it to the web price.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky