• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

How many beers....

bigfurmn

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Feb 25, 2016
Did you consume thinking that this website might have disappeared for good??? I know I had more than a few.

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Drank a few Straub Lagers, but wasnt worried. This site is very popular and has A LOT, of friendly and very knowledgeable members compared to other similar sites. This adds up to $$$ the owner and a great place, for us, to learn and teach what we enjoy doing...Thats worth restoring and maintaining...JJ

OldSmoke

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 5, 2020
I held the faith, with a couple of bourbons to bolster.

It is VERY impressive the team was able to restore the server with no lost of data. Well done!

bigfurmn

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Feb 25, 2016
After reading what happened I'm impressed as hell with their tech guys. Job well done. Now I'll have a beer or two to salute the great people who got the site back up and running again!

SmokinEdge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 18, 2020
Did you consume thinking that this website might have disappeared for good??? I know I had more than a few.
Got any recipes to share?? Never made beer or booze, I’m up for it though. That said, while the page was down, I never once had the urge to go out and buy store bacon or ham... hmmm.

Bytor

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 16, 2020
Drank a few Straub Lagers, but wasnt worried. This site is very popular and has A LOT, of friendly and very knowledgeable members compared to other similar sites. This adds up to $$$ the owner and a great place, for us, to learn and teach what we enjoy doing...Thats worth restoring and maintaining...JJ
I haven't had a Straub for ages. Is that still being made in St. Marys?

Humo18

Meat Mopper
Joined Aug 7, 2018
Rum eased things up a bit. I can't say enough positive things about Jeff, he is simply amazing with incredible rubs, sauce and recipe's. I'm pretty sure his server setup costs a pretty penny.

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 17, 2020
Cant say I drank any more than usual. But, I did chew same nails down to the quick,
Jim

AllenRR

Smoke Blower
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2018
I will admit that some vodka was consumed. Honestly, I think that would have occurred anyway. I had faith that it would be back up.

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
I haven't had a Straub for ages. Is that still being made in St. Marys?
Yes it is. Living in Emporium makes Straub the least expensive beer in our town distributor or a 25 minute drive and we are at the Brewery. Three of us did a taste test with Straub Lager and Yuengling Lager. We found very little difference...JJ

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 29, 2018
Not sure that the site being down was the culprit. . . :emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing:

Anyhow , "kudos" to those involve getting it back up and running and to Jeff for notification by email of what was going on

AllenRR

Smoke Blower
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2018
This is by far the best smoking website. The members here are always glad to assist others. I personally made the decision to support it by becoming a SMF Member.
Dude! We are Ohana. We just want to help each other. It's like having countless cousins that love the same thing you do.

bigfurmn

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Feb 25, 2016
I just know a lot of us were a bit lost without this site. So glad it's back up and running again.

Humo18

Meat Mopper
Joined Aug 7, 2018
Dude! We are Ohana. We just want to help each other. It's like having countless cousins that love the same thing you do.
Allen, you are right it feels like family. Everyone is so kind and willing to share expertise. And Jeff is a class act for sure, what a teacher!

bigfurmn

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Feb 25, 2016
Yes it is. Living in Emporium makes Straub the least expensive beer in our town distributor or a 25 minute drive and we are at the Brewery. Three of us did a taste test with Straub Lager and Yuengling Lager. We found very little difference...JJ
Straub? As a Midwest boy I have to visit in-laws in upstate NY for Yuengling. I love beer and I want to try any I've never had before. Can you get Straub outside PA?

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
I don't know how far Straub distributes. They are one of the oldest family owned Brewerys but really a tiny operation compared to any of the nationally distributed beers...JJ

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.