How many beers....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Drank a few Straub Lagers, but wasnt worried. This site is very popular and has A LOT, of friendly and very knowledgeable members compared to other similar sites. This adds up to $$$ the owner and a great place, for us, to learn and teach what we enjoy doing...Thats worth restoring and maintaining...JJ

I held the faith, with a couple of bourbons to bolster.

It is VERY impressive the team was able to restore the server with no lost of data. Well done!

Did you consume thinking that this website might have disappeared for good??? I know I had more than a few.
Got any recipes to share?? Never made beer or booze, I’m up for it though. That said, while the page was down, I never once had the urge to go out and buy store bacon or ham... hmmm.

Drank a few Straub Lagers, but wasnt worried. This site is very popular and has A LOT, of friendly and very knowledgeable members compared to other similar sites. This adds up to $$$ the owner and a great place, for us, to learn and teach what we enjoy doing...Thats worth restoring and maintaining...JJ
I haven't had a Straub for ages. Is that still being made in St. Marys?

Rum eased things up a bit. I can't say enough positive things about Jeff, he is simply amazing with incredible rubs, sauce and recipe's. I'm pretty sure his server setup costs a pretty penny.

Did you consume thinking that this website might have disappeared for good??? I know I had more than a few.
I will admit that some vodka was consumed. Honestly, I think that would have occurred anyway. I had faith that it would be back up.

I haven't had a Straub for ages. Is that still being made in St. Marys?

Yes it is. Living in Emporium makes Straub the least expensive beer in our town distributor or a 25 minute drive and we are at the Brewery. Three of us did a taste test with Straub Lager and Yuengling Lager. We found very little difference...JJ

Not sure that the site being down was the culprit. . . :emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing:

Anyhow , "kudos" to those involve getting it back up and running and to Jeff for notification by email of what was going on

This is by far the best smoking website. The members here are always glad to assist others. I personally made the decision to support it by becoming a SMF Member.
Dude! We are Ohana. We just want to help each other. It's like having countless cousins that love the same thing you do.

Reactions: bigfurmn
I just know a lot of us were a bit lost without this site. So glad it's back up and running again.

Yes it is. Living in Emporium makes Straub the least expensive beer in our town distributor or a 25 minute drive and we are at the Brewery. Three of us did a taste test with Straub Lager and Yuengling Lager. We found very little difference...JJ
Straub? As a Midwest boy I have to visit in-laws in upstate NY for Yuengling. I love beer and I want to try any I've never had before. Can you get Straub outside PA?

I don't know how far Straub distributes. They are one of the oldest family owned Brewerys but really a tiny operation compared to any of the nationally distributed beers...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky