How long is too long for a pork shoulder after its seasoned..

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

azbertman

Original poster
Nov 17, 2014
So I olive oiled and rubbed down my 9lb pork shoulder on Sunday (July 3rd) night so that I could put it in the smoker Monday morning. Well I slept in and didn't want to eat at midnight Monday night so I left it in the fridge. I had to work today (July 5th) so I didn't smoke it today. Is there anything wrong with putting it in the smoker tomorrow morning (July 6th) for the day? That would mean it has been in the fridge in plastic wrap with seasoning on it for about 55 hours +-. Is it ruined? Should I pitch it and count it as a loss?

Thanks in advance.

Bert

Short of waiting so long the meat spoils, they get better the longer you let the seasoning sit on the meat...JJ

Another thing I do, unless I pulled it out my freezer is I look at the sell date on the package. I'm pretty comfortable going 3-5 days past that date. As long as it has been handled and stored properly.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky