Hot meat gloves

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Not sure of any brand names but if you look on amazon and look up silicon food safe gloves you will see a selection of them

Like decil said, I have had numerous silicon ones off of amazon. I am pretty sure they are all made from the same company as they all have the same pattern and fit. They work great though!

Need recomendations for gloves to handle handle hot meat out of the smoker or off the grill, such as a brisket or pork butt.

I bought these in the past (XXL). They work well but are a little large but work no problem and keep my hands from burning. They also have a texture too them to help keep meat from slipping. I'm not a small guy and have above average size hands but to do it all over again I would get the XL.

Now my approach these days has changed a bit. I now use these 12in X 18in crisper baskets that fit PERFECTLY in my MES40. I can use regular oven mitts to put the basket on the MES40 racks or to remove the basket when cooking is done and set it on the tray that comes with the basket. I can then easily carry everything inside. The tray does not go in the smoker, only the basket. NO dropping meat, burning hands, no dripping everywhere, and I can get meat in and out of the smoker super fast to keep my temps from dropping too much :)

Here is an example of me using my crisper try with q-mats and doing my individual serve mini-meatloafs without breaking them up by pulling them hot out of the smoker! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: KrisUpInSmoke
Tongs and or a heavy duty spatula have always worked for me. Sorry I'm no help.

Chris

i use Hark Handling gloves.
they have grip on the palms for grabbing meat. and they are pretty easy to clean.

https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/hark-b...Q-L9C0y1m7xTErGAyFa-sHz-nYqzasFRoCrFwQAvD_BwE

Came with my smoker :)

Hark-BBQ-Food-Handling-Gloves-2pk_1_750px.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky