Horseradish Sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lovetosmoke

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 30, 2006
Strang, Nebraska
I found this recipe the other day and I thought I would share it. It is really good as long as you like horseradish. My wife and I just loved it.

1 cup mayonnaise (I used Hellmann's)
1/2 cup prepared horseradish
1 Tsp lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste

If you want it hotter just add more horseradish. Also watch what type of bowl that you use.

Thanks Lovestosmoke. Dad grows and grinds his own horseradish. Always looking for a good way to use it. Will have to try this with some fresh ground, once the weather breaks and can dig some. Steve

And to take Debi's sauce one step further, add a tsp. of worcestershire sauce and a tsp. of onion powder for a decent cocktail sauce for shrimp or mud bugs.

OK I guess I”m gonna have to be the idiot…what in gawds green earth is a mudbug (crawfish/clam)?
icon_redface.gif

Sory about that Carl. Yes indeed it is the southern delicacy called a crawfish unless you are from LA (meaning Lower Arkansas) then it becomes a crawdad. Never-the-less a rose is a rose...

Carl -

My understanding is that langistino is a small rock lobster. It is supposed to taste similar to Maine Losbter. I can't say I am alergic to soft shelled fish.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky