• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Horseradish Sauce

lovetosmoke

Meat Mopper
Joined Nov 30, 2006
I found this recipe the other day and I thought I would share it. It is really good as long as you like horseradish. My wife and I just loved it.

1 cup mayonnaise (I used Hellmann's)
1/2 cup prepared horseradish
1 Tsp lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste

If you want it hotter just add more horseradish. Also watch what type of bowl that you use.

short one

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 9, 2007
Thanks Lovestosmoke. Dad grows and grinds his own horseradish. Always looking for a good way to use it. Will have to try this with some fresh ground, once the weather breaks and can dig some. Steve

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
If you like the diping sauce at Outback add a little ketsup to that recipe and you got it.

ozark rt

Meat Mopper
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 25, 2007
And to take Debi's sauce one step further, add a tsp. of worcestershire sauce and a tsp. of onion powder for a decent cocktail sauce for shrimp or mud bugs.

up in smoke

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 12, 2006
OK I guess I”m gonna have to be the idiot…what in gawds green earth is a mudbug (crawfish/clam)?

tonto1117

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 25, 2007
LOL... but yes I think it is..... I'm still....LOL...crawfish that is

cajunsmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 21, 2006
Here's a pic of them Mudbugs for ya Carl

Hot, spicy and steaming from the pot

ozark rt

Meat Mopper
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 25, 2007
Sory about that Carl. Yes indeed it is the southern delicacy called a crawfish unless you are from LA (meaning Lower Arkansas) then it becomes a crawdad. Never-the-less a rose is a rose...

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
Carl -

My understanding is that langistino is a small rock lobster. It is supposed to taste similar to Maine Losbter. I can't say I am alergic to soft shelled fish.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.