• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Honey Sriracha injected wings

suie

Meat Mopper
Joined May 18, 2010
This is a variation on the scarbelly wings (which I love!). I wanted to make an Asian version. For the sauce, I sauted some smashed garlic and ginger in butter, added some sriacha and honey, then finished with soy sauce and lime juice.

This is what I ended-up with, which was just enough for a dozen wings. I ran it through the immersion blender a bit, just to really break up the garlic.

Here are the wings, after being injected. I just squirted the extra sauce on the outside.

On to the (protected) mini wsm at 300 degrees. Smoked over hickory and peach.

After and hour and 20 minutes I ended-up with:

These are pretty spicy, but delicious! I served with some smoked mac and cheese, which I did earlier and kept warm in the oven.

Thanks for looking. Enjoy the game all, go Seahawks!!!

texastitan

Joined Feb 1, 2014
Look delicious, might have to try something like that next time.

☞ Sent from here☜

suie

Meat Mopper
Joined May 18, 2010
Look delicious, might have to try something like that next time.

☞ Sent from here☜
Thanks! The only thing I might add next time is a little spice rub on the outside. The sauce on the outside of the wings seemed to just slide off rather than get cooked on to the skin. 

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Looks Great Suie! I fired up the Mini-WSM and did injected wings too! Gotta love Injected wings. I always rub mine with chipotle, garlic, salt and pepper.

suie

Meat Mopper
Joined May 18, 2010

Looks Great Suie! I fired up the Mini-WSM and did injected wings too! Gotta love Injected wings. I always rub mine with chipotle, garlic, salt and pepper.
Thanks Chase! That sounds like a good rub! Maybe for this version, I'd substitute thai chili for the chipotle. The injected wings really are amazing, I can't imagine not doing them this way now!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.