Honey Sesame Sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Made a new sauce recipe for the first time, and it is good.
Excellent on the grilled asparagus and smoked pork loin it was served with.
I bet it'd rock on chicken too.
This sauce should be easily adaptable to a few flavor profiles.
Add more cayenne or other chile to make it spicier, more honey for sweeter and it would also take very well to fresh ginger, or some lemon or orange zest.

Honey Sesame Sauce

In a small sauce pan combine the following and whisk well
2t Cornstarch
4T Sesame oil
4T Rice vinegar
3T Honey
3T Soy sauce
1/2t Cayenne
1T Sesame seeds
Bring to a boil at the edges and then remove from heat, whisk well.
Reheat on low to serve or apply

91b4QuH.jpg

Last edited:
This very similar to my go to Asian sauce. Kick up the heat and it is dynamite on wings.
For a twist, leave out the corn starch and soy and use to make Asian Coleslaw. I don't have a list of measured ingredients, but here is how I make it:

As much finely shredded cabbage as needed.
The following ingredients are added to taste:
Honey
Rice Wine Vinegar
Sugar
Salt and Pepper
Sesame Oil (I prefer the dark)
Toasted Sesame Seeds
Mix with the grated cabbage and let stand in the fridge. Just before serving, crush as many packages of Ramen Noodles as needed, discarding the flavor package. I usually crush one package per four servings. Add the crushed Ramen Noodles to the slaw just before serving. Adds a nice crunch to the slaw without affecting flavor. You can add hot sauce if you like. Goes great with baby back ribs, pulled pork, fish.

Sounds great Chile. We do fried sesame cabbage a lot. Your ingredients are almost identical (minus the cayenne). In fact this is a go-to for other veggie stir-frys as well. LOVE sesame!

Th
Sounds great Chile. We do fried sesame cabbage a lot. Your ingredients are almost identical (minus the cayenne). In fact this is a go-to for other veggie stir-frys as well. LOVE sesame!
Thanks.
Mmmm, fried cabbage.
I haven't had fried cabbage in forever, guess what I'm cooking next weekend.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky