Honey-Grilled Shrimp w/Roasted Corn Relish Tacos!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
Today was Friday for me on my 9/80 week so another Gordon R Hells Kitchen menu meal.........

Started of by marinating the shrimp....
Honey, chipotle peppers w/adobe sauce garlic, water, lime juice, classic olive, and salt....
39C88179-936A-4BAB-AD9F-0A70DC98D5E7.jpeg

After 2 hours they were skewered in preparation for the grill.
439FA0AD-F15D-4EE1-91A3-F606BEE2E92C.jpeg

The skewered shrimp were placed on preheated grill grated Weber for a nice sear!
6ECB1CFA-49A3-493D-9441-BAE653924DC6.jpeg

off the grill awaiting to be consumed!!!
5D9F3DED-E19A-4E5C-8C55-FDE8717EA07B.jpeg

Next up the roasted corn relish.....
Oven roasted corn, red pepper, jalapeño, diced tomato, scallions, cilantro, lime zest, sugar, chili powder, and cumin.
FD747E7D-90D1-4851-AAC4-430158EA6ABF.jpeg

Holy smokers this relish is BAM BAM!

Now the cilantro rice:
Sautéed minced garlic, onion, Serrano chili simmered with some chicken broth. Then blended with some broth, white wine vinegar, cumin and cilantro....this is mixed in with rice.....
9C985A73-A03D-4DF0-B91C-FAE323B25744.jpeg

the plate is made by a bed of rice with relish on the side and then topped with the grilled shrimp. It is garnished with spicy creme fraiche (creme, lime juice, smoked paprika, cayenne, diced jalapeño, and salt & creme, chipotle and adobo)
EAD325EC-A97A-468E-881B-1689BB03F4B2.jpeg

Shrimp Taco MONEY!!!!
3A7A79B5-EBF1-4D2E-BDA9-AEC860D341A3.jpeg

my hats of to GR again, the man knows flavor!!!!

Nice very nice looking. Any idea what the temp on the grill grate was when you put the shrimp on? Curious cause I always manage to char/burn the honey on shrimp when I use it as a marinade on shrimp. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_sunglasses:

Looks wonderful!
Thanks PAS!

Nice very nice looking. Any idea what the temp on the grill grate was when you put the shrimp on? Curious cause I always manage to char/burn the honey on shrimp when I use it as a marinade on shrimp. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_sunglasses:
Thanks chux!

For the grill grates.... judging by experience they were probably close to the 550 ish range. The shrimp was only on for about 2.5 mins per side. Shrimp doesn’t take long with that searing heat at all.

Hot Damn!! Those shrimp tacos sure look good and that plated shot belongs in a magazine.

Like!

Man does that look good! I would stuff myself with those! We had tacos on Tuesday but I may have to have them again this weekend after seeing this! Awesome job!
giphy.gif

Mighty fine looking tacos Civil. Nicely done

Point for sure
Chris

Looks wonderful. I a big GR fan. Man knows his stuff. Only chef I like better is Rick Bayless.
Thanks Brian! I will have to look Rick B up, Needles to say GR has utterly changed our menu list at our house!

Hot Damn!! Those shrimp tacos sure look good and that plated shot belongs in a magazine.

Like!
Thanks XR, that is much appreciated, I have had many a shrimp taco in my day but these were the best ones I’ve ever had. The flavor combination is a one bite wow moment!

Man does that look good! I would stuff myself with those! We had tacos on Tuesday but I may have to have them again this weekend after seeing this! Awesome job!View attachment 467825
Thanks, there wasn’t mush left overs.....we WILL be doing them again for sure....many more times!

love the meme.....just make movies like that anymore.....

Good looking meal.
Jim
Many thanks Jim!

Mighty fine looking tacos Civil. Nicely done

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris, GR recipe earns the points they are spot on!
Heck yeah bud. Looks beautiful and delicious. Gonna bookmark
Thanks Jake, the flavor combinations is really nice! It seems like to might be really spicy but it is really not. You do have to run the kitchen fan cause it will cause tears while prepping. Lol

View attachment 467852

Outstanding man! Congrats on the well deserved ride. Looks delicious.
Oh man SVF, love it! Many thanks!

Civil, that is one absolutely divine looking meal sir. A simply gorgeous, magazine quality, 5-star meal. Excellent job and thanks for sharing one of my favorite meal that unfortunately I cannot make due to Tracy's aversion to anything that swims. I can however live vicariously through you till she heads out for an evening. Than I'm gonna tear these up!!

Robert

that looks delicious! Turn mine into a burrito...I would eat all of that. Very nice!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky