Honey Crisp Apples

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
Seabras of Kearny has Honey crisp Apples 49 cents a pound
Richie

I've been paying $2.49/lb. Yesterday they were 99 cents a pound at Winco.

Last year they were sweeter. So far this year, they are more tart, at least the one's I've bought. Honey Crisp has become the apple in highest demand. Now they're picking them too soon.

As you'll soon see, I don't know much about apples Richie. And here I figured you had come up with a new desert recipe.
Gary
Have the pie dough all ready,no new deserts
Richie
$3.99 was regular near me till I found these
$2.49 in another store near me today

yea, i was hoping to see some sort of smoked crispy apple slices with honey them !!
You can have the lead on that since you must have done it
I would like to see it also
Richie

Went back to the store today.
89 Cents a pound,new I should grabbed more the other day LOL
Richie

If you see the apple called "Jazz".... Try them... They were rated a "10" among apples in Washington.. The only "10" rating ever given... My neighbor has apples, pears, cherries etc.. I get them from him... Those yellow things are Quince I grow...

Jazz and Quince 002.JPG

Last edited:
If you see the apple called "Jazz".... Try them... They were rated a "10" among apples in Washington.. The only "10" rating ever given... My neighbor has apples, pears, cherries etc.. I get them from him... Those yellow things are Quince I grow...

View attachment 343793
Dave thanks for the info.I haven't seen them here yet,how long can you keep the apples in the fridge?
Richie

I love honey crisp, but they are still very expensive here now.
I hope the price comes down soon!
Al

FWIW... the apples dehydrated after a month or so... What I did to stop that.... put them in a big zip bag... they stayed fine after that... no dehydrating going on.....

I have a honey crisp tree that I planted a few years back. Got a few last year but this year will be my first real harvest. Can't wait.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky