• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Honey Crisp Apples

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
Seabras of Kearny has Honey crisp Apples 49 cents a pound
Richie

noboundaries

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 7, 2013
I've been paying $2.49/lb. Yesterday they were 99 cents a pound at Winco.

Last year they were sweeter. So far this year, they are more tart, at least the one's I've bought. Honey Crisp has become the apple in highest demand. Now they're picking them too soon.

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
As you'll soon see, I don't know much about apples Richie. And here I figured you had come up with a new desert recipe.
Gary

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
As you'll soon see, I don't know much about apples Richie. And here I figured you had come up with a new desert recipe.
Gary
Have the pie dough all ready,no new deserts
Richie
$3.99 was regular near me till I found these
$2.49 in another store near me today

branstone

Joined Sep 9, 2008
yea, i was hoping to see some sort of smoked crispy apple slices with honey them !!

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
yea, i was hoping to see some sort of smoked crispy apple slices with honey them !!
You can have the lead on that since you must have done it
I would like to see it also
Richie

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
Went back to the store today.
89 Cents a pound,new I should grabbed more the other day LOL
Richie

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
If you see the apple called "Jazz".... Try them... They were rated a "10" among apples in Washington.. The only "10" rating ever given... My neighbor has apples, pears, cherries etc.. I get them from him... Those yellow things are Quince I grow...

Jazz and Quince 002.JPG

Last edited:

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
If you see the apple called "Jazz".... Try them... They were rated a "10" among apples in Washington.. The only "10" rating ever given... My neighbor has apples, pears, cherries etc.. I get them from him... Those yellow things are Quince I grow...

View attachment 343793
Dave thanks for the info.I haven't seen them here yet,how long can you keep the apples in the fridge?
Richie

SmokinAl

Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I love honey crisp, but they are still very expensive here now.
I hope the price comes down soon!
Al

daveomak

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
FWIW... the apples dehydrated after a month or so... What I did to stop that.... put them in a big zip bag... they stayed fine after that... no dehydrating going on.....

ddufore

Meat Mopper
Joined Sep 5, 2013
I have a honey crisp tree that I planted a few years back. Got a few last year but this year will be my first real harvest. Can't wait.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.